Talk

Advanced search

To give up and buy this Christmas gift?

(12 Posts)
FGSholdthedoor Thu 09-Nov-17 10:49:41

I've been struggling with gifts this year, I have a lot on early Dec and I need to get them done in the next 2 weeks or so.

I've thought about gift sets for DM and MiL, make up bits or other but they're hard to buy for if I want to stay within my budget (10-15ph) as it's very tight this year.

I've not even looked at presents for DF and FIL ...

I'm thinking for both sets of parents I will just get the Cineworld gift box?
I know my DPs love a cinema trip and my PILs do too but neither side often makes time for it.
They'll get to go to a film they want, get drinks and a portion of popcorn and get a date night out of it.
It will sit just under my budget which I'm happy with too.

AIBU? Is it a bit thoughtless? Should I get individual gifts or would you be happy to get a joint one with your OH?

Smarshian Thu 09-Nov-17 10:51:10

I saw these gift boxes at the cinema last night and thought oh that'd be a lovely gift for us to receive! I think it's thoughtful.

Sarahjconnor Thu 09-Nov-17 10:52:19

I'm getting vue and odeon vouchers for everyone this year, I got a few last year and they were really popular smile

Anotherdayanotherdollar Thu 09-Nov-17 10:52:53

Sounds like a lovely gift, would love it myself actually, but not sure it's something I'd buy for my parents/in-laws...
I realise that doesn't help much. Sorry!

FGSholdthedoor Thu 09-Nov-17 12:55:18

@Anotherdayanotherdollar I know my DPs love going to the cinema but will often opt to go to the local cheap shoddy one as its a lot cheaper than a big one like Cineworld which they like but sometimes feel can't justify the price so I think it might be nice for them.

My PILs also love the cinema (DH confirmed) but don't get to go often as they have a lot on and never really make time for it - I think it might be a great excuse for a date night just for the two of them as they've had a stressful year.

user1494409994 Thu 09-Nov-17 13:12:57

Great idea for gifts

MadForlt Thu 09-Nov-17 13:54:52

I think it's a great idea, any cinema goer would love it.

buzzbuzzbumblebee Thu 09-Nov-17 14:11:59

I would love to receive that.

I always go to the early bird films at my local crappy and small cinema, because it’s £4 per ticket.

I would love for a voucher for a nicer cinema!

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Thu 09-Nov-17 14:28:43

I'd love this too, in fact received similar a few years ago and really enjoyed using them

Cutesbabasmummy Thu 09-Nov-17 14:29:59

Fab idea. I've done it for my parents before.

PinkHeart5914 Thu 09-Nov-17 14:32:59

I think it’s a good idea.

You say they both like films and the cinema so it’s not like you have gone out and brought something with no thought at all that would end up going to waste.

dingdongdigeridoo Thu 09-Nov-17 16:31:28

I think it’s a nice idea. The cinema is expensive nowadays so it feels like a treat. Better than getting them a useless gadget!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: