Talk

Advanced search

To dislike some of the mocking of non parents that goes on here?

(8 Posts)
brasty Thu 09-Nov-17 09:52:32

It just seems to set up a divide between mothers and non mothers that I don't think is necessary.

StinkPickle Thu 09-Nov-17 09:52:57

TAAT

TrojansAreSmegheads Thu 09-Nov-17 09:56:38

mocking people because they are not parents or talking about daft things some people say if they have no idea of the reality of a situation?

i was the world's best parent before i actually had children. i am more than happy to let people laugh at the crap i came out with.

MadamMinacious Thu 09-Nov-17 09:59:28

There's just a lot of mocking of people who are in any way different to the posters on here full stop. I don't think it is limited to people without children. FTR my childless/free friends are all fine, just normal people *whatever normal means.

questionbasket Thu 09-Nov-17 10:01:52

I've seen some shitty comments, yes. I think some people forget that parents are all different just like non-parents are different. Some of the comments that someone without children might make to someone with children might be dismissed as silly or unrealistic to them, but would be easily relatable to another parent.

coddiwomple Thu 09-Nov-17 10:11:56

There are some nasty comments, totally undeserved.

There's also a reaction against people full of advice and opinion when they don't have the faintest idea what they are talking about.

BabyDreams2018 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:13:30

TBH the WOHM and SAHM give each other a good slagging off too so it's hardly as if women who don't have children are victimised on MN. Everyone gets a good lashing most days around here. It's not for those of a sensitive nature or those who are easily offended. There tends to be waves of trolls posting goady threads too so people are sick of investing in threads which disappear without warning. MN has been like that for years. There's a million and one threads about how it has changed over the years. grin

Shiela2017 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:24:24

Agreed! I hate the smugness of a minority of parents who think that just because they've got children they think they know more, are somehow elevated above the childless and everyone else is just clueless and silly...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now