Talk

Advanced search

I feel as clean as a spoon in a circus. Oh just do one. Aibu to hate this advert now?

(165 Posts)
witchofzog Thu 09-Nov-17 09:38:44

It might have been a smidge funny the first time but now it's not cute and it's as boring and irritating as fuck. Is it just me who hates the Andrex advert?

DunkMeInTomatoSoup Thu 09-Nov-17 09:40:56

On/Off button was created for a purpose.

sweetbitter Thu 09-Nov-17 09:42:32

I saw it for the first time the other day and thought how obviously staged and scripted it was. Now it won't go away and I agree with you OP it needs to fuck right off.

yolofish Thu 09-Nov-17 09:42:56

I didnt think any of that campaign was even a smidge funny in the first place. No you are def NBU.

Floralnomad Thu 09-Nov-17 09:46:03

I agree , those adverts have never been funny , and what makes it worse is the adults in the advert laughing , a normal person would have just said to the child stop being ridiculous that doesn’t even make sense . Just put the Labrador puppy running around with a loo roll and get rid of the children .

witchofzog Thu 09-Nov-17 09:49:00

Oh yes. Forgot about the puppies. Yes, bring them back instead smile

charlestonchaplin Thu 09-Nov-17 09:51:15

They were bad the first time around. And the loo roll has gone from being really good, if on the expensive side to being really poor value. I'll never buy it again, unless it's a choice between Andrex and newspaper.

TheRadiantAerynSun Thu 09-Nov-17 09:57:11

A spoon in a circus?

I would imagine that would be kinda grubby tbh.

hotbutteredcrumpetsandtea Thu 09-Nov-17 09:58:49

Why would anyone watch adverts in this day and age?

TrojansAreSmegheads Thu 09-Nov-17 09:59:00

oh yes. it is ridiculous.

annielouise Thu 09-Nov-17 10:00:38

Hate them. Twee nonsense. Nothing less funny than other people's kids and the things they say.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 09-Nov-17 10:03:54

Lets start a petition to bring the adorable puppies back.

QueenLaBeefah Thu 09-Nov-17 10:06:22

Why did they get rid of the puppies? I loved them.

Pumperthepumper Thu 09-Nov-17 10:08:03

annielouise the only thing less funny is when someone has a six-minute video of their kid dancing and makes you watch it.

MinervaSaidThar Thu 09-Nov-17 10:09:20

DunkMeln

On/Off button was created for a purpose.

who pissed on your cornflakes? No one switches off the TV because of a 20 second ad.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 09-Nov-17 10:10:25

True.

Other people's children are never as funny as they think they are.

Bring the puppies back.

annielouise Thu 09-Nov-17 10:14:41

I've had that too pumper, even longer - home films of someone's kid that I had to sit through while the father was sitting there indulgently laughing and trying to catch my eye to say look how cute she is. She grew up to be a selfish person so I couldn't have been less interested.

I'm sure these adverts are written by people that don't even have kids. No one could possibly find this stuff funny or cute.

Andrex they're a turn-off, meaningless drivel and completely unfunny. How can your marketing people not see that.

EssentialHummus Thu 09-Nov-17 10:14:41

Another vote for puppies. I'd like something feelgood and heart-warming, and ideally a tie-up with the Guide Dogs / 2p per roll going to training or whatever. There's no monopoly on Labradors grin.

annielouise Thu 09-Nov-17 10:17:01

They remind me of the kids in school when my two were younger. There'd always be one that had something to say and it was usually not sharp or funny or cute and you could just tell they were completely indulged at home by the parents that every word they spouted was wonderful.

questionbasket Thu 09-Nov-17 10:17:01

Cute the first time, contrived the second, third, fourth time.

eddiemairswife Thu 09-Nov-17 10:17:18

I mute the ad if I find the remote in time, otherwise I sing loudly until it is over.

kali110 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:17:54

Hate these adverts angry

Chrys2017 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:18:10

They lost me when they made the puppies CGI.

annielouise Thu 09-Nov-17 10:18:29

That's a really good idea Essential. Maybe if Andrex's marketing people are reading they'll take this on-board. I really detest the adverts as they are now. They really make me cringe and if I can I mute them.

soupforbrains Thu 09-Nov-17 10:18:49

UGH yes. That ad can totally DO ONE.

also the Dr Oetker and golden syrup ones that flanked the Bake Off this year. oh and actually ALL adverts for kids toys/games. eurghhhhhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now