Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To really hate living alone

(13 Posts)
chitchattytack Wed 08-Nov-17 18:54:18

I know, it could be worse and I'm sure many love it.

I don't. It's dull, empty, cold, expensive and soul destroying.

I hate it.

Heckneck Wed 08-Nov-17 18:56:34

Can you get a house mate,?

TheFifthKey Wed 08-Nov-17 18:56:41

It sounds like it’s not for you. So ok, what could you change to make it better? Would a house share or getting a lodger help? Are there friends or family you could move in with? Could you get a pet, or work different hours so you’re not at home during the times you dislike the most? Go to the gym or join a Club? I’m sure MNetters could help you find a way to make it better for you.

chitchattytack Wed 08-Nov-17 18:58:02

No, to all those! My flat is 1 bed. And I find lodgers and house shares not really companionship based - when I've done it in the past I've lived with odd people and it's not been sociable at all.

Just moaning I know.

liz70 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:58:22

Could you take a lodger or move into a house or flat share, renting your own property out if you own it? Or is this more about not having/finding a romantic partner? flowers

Veterinari Wed 08-Nov-17 18:59:06

I suspect OP is looking for support rather than solutions.

I live alone too OP. Only saving grace is that it’s better than living with randoms!

liz70 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:59:15

Sorry, cross posted.

Ttbb Wed 08-Nov-17 19:00:41

I have a hate love relationship with being alone. I hate eating and sleeping alone but would otherwise prefer to live alone. I hate having my husband's stuff lying around. I hate having noises associated with other people living with you.

Fishfingersandwichnocheese Wed 08-Nov-17 19:01:28

I quite like it. I miss having someone around some of the time but I prefer to sleep/relax alone.

SilverSpot Wed 08-Nov-17 19:02:06

Yes you can't really get a lodger or a house mate if it's a 1 bed flat.

I got a cat - keeps me company! Also a lodger some nights and DP some nights.

Can you invite friends round for dinners and for weekend visits and stuff?

Fishfingersandwichnocheese Wed 08-Nov-17 19:03:15

What about a pet ? EVen a small one ?

GardenGeek Wed 08-Nov-17 19:07:14

Get a pair of kittens! grin

chitchattytack Wed 08-Nov-17 19:13:46

I have cats smile and I am very fond of them but it's not the same as people

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now