Talk

Advanced search

Weird Debenhams experience?

(14 Posts)
ummisthisstrange Wed 08-Nov-17 18:22:23

I went to try on two bras today in the changing rooms at Debenhams as I wasn’t sure which one would fit better. When I was trying them on, the lady who worked there came to the curtain (didn’t come in it though) and asked if I was getting on okay and if I needed her help getting them on confused is this weird or just an attempt to be very helpful? She wasn’t smiley or anything when I went in but I was the only one in the changing room so it couldn’t have been for anyone else! Why would I want her to help me put on a bra?confused

LIZS Wed 08-Nov-17 18:23:06

Maybe she was a trained bra fitter?

Bobbybobbins Wed 08-Nov-17 18:23:32

I know what you mean but sounds like she was trying to be helpful. Maybe they are trying to up their game on bra fitting... confused

GreenPetal94 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:25:15

Some older people might find it hard to fasten a bra, but persumably you don't look that old!

listsandbudgets Wed 08-Nov-17 18:25:25

I had a bra fitting done in Debwnhams a few weeks back. they stepped outside when i was puttung them on but saod just to ask if i wanted any help

Fruitcorner123 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:32:54

To me thats just normal. They have a bra fitting service. She was probably just bored waiting to do her job.

Kailoer Wed 08-Nov-17 18:34:38

Sounds like the bra fitting service woman and she was trying Tobe helpful

Too many women wearing the wrong size bras, we need more intervention, not less grin

ParadiseLaundry Wed 08-Nov-17 18:35:38

I would love this attention when bra shopping! Usually they tell you they are too busy or need to make an appointment!

niccyb Wed 08-Nov-17 18:41:37

This is normal in most bra shops. She didn’t come into your space but asked if u wanted help.

PoppyPopcorn Wed 08-Nov-17 18:51:58

She probably also realised that should you need a different size, she would be saving you from completely redressing to go off in search of another one.

DancingHouse Wed 08-Nov-17 18:59:33

Sounds like she was asking if you would like any help and you didn't - I don't see the issue.

etap Wed 08-Nov-17 19:04:54

Maybe you've got a killer set of cans

MunchMunch Wed 08-Nov-17 19:05:03

She might have noticed you were trying on different sizes/fits so thought she could help with correctly putting your bra on and how it should fit or getting a different size should you need it.

Mamabear4180 Wed 08-Nov-17 19:07:43

Because Debenhams do bra fittings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now