Talk

Advanced search

That this isn'tmy fault

(7 Posts)
horsesflybynight Wed 08-Nov-17 16:44:19

So unhappy right now, dh is stressed at work and with money and is taking it out on me.

I keep feeling like I need to apologise, I've recently gone back to work after maternity leave but money is still really tight.

Don't know why I'm posting, really, just alone.

outofmydepth45 Wed 08-Nov-17 16:46:18

You don't need to apologise it sounds hard. There will be some good advise soon. Life is hard sometimes post maternity leave it's about getting the back up money back in place if possible

horsesflybynight Wed 08-Nov-17 17:54:36

Thanks

DirtyThirties Wed 08-Nov-17 18:00:09

No real advice but just wanted to offer these flowers and let you know that I know how you feel when OH is stressed and you can't do anything right. If he's anything like mine he will never admit to the real reason behind the frustration but instead insist it's your fault. It's exhausting, but it's really not your fault! Try and see through it and get him to speak about the real cause of his worries, then, when he's calmer, let him know that's not an acceptable way of dealing with things.

Good luck, and more flowers

MayFayner Wed 08-Nov-17 18:02:07

In what way is he taking it out on you?

horsesflybynight Wed 08-Nov-17 18:50:27

Shouting and if i say something ablht how to help he is sarcastic.

MayFayner Wed 08-Nov-17 20:19:54

He can't shout and be sarky to you, whether he is stressed or not it isn't ok.

All I can suggest is sitting down together and working out a plan with regards to finances and making sure you are both on the same page.

If he uses sarcasm say "that isn't helpful, I'm trying to suggest a solution."

flowers for you. It's exhausting having to deal with this on top of everything else.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: