Talk

Advanced search

To demand to know where he spent the night last night?

(41 Posts)
OhForFrigSake Wed 08-Nov-17 16:03:20

As far as I'm aware we hadn't fallen out, we were cuddling up watching TV. I made him his tea as usual.

Then we decided he wanted to go out at around 9.30. Unusual but not unheard of. Then there was absolutely no sign of him. I was worrying all night with all sorts going through my mind. I could barely sleep, turning all the events of the evening over in my mind and wondering if I'd done something that would make him go out and stay out all night. He's never done that before :-(

This morning at 8am he strolls in without a care in the world, jumps on my knee and starts purring like nothing happened!

AIBU to wonder where the hell he's been all night?

Cleanermaidcook Wed 08-Nov-17 16:05:58

He'll never tell, he's probably Been having his chin tickled by some lonely lady with soft hands and a cupboard full of tuna and he won't ever tell you!

OhForFrigSake Wed 08-Nov-17 16:06:29

Cleaner- I KNEW it!

Mrsemcgregor Wed 08-Nov-17 16:08:31

I think you need to snoop for clues, any fluffy felines he keeps mentioning?

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 08-Nov-17 16:14:14

Leash The Bastard.

cherrycola2004 Wed 08-Nov-17 16:20:18

gringrin
Typical cats!

MinervaSaidThar Wed 08-Nov-17 16:29:29

You had me there, I was all set with my LTB!

Has he had his virility, er, limited?

Iwouldratherbemuckingout Wed 08-Nov-17 16:31:12

Once he knows you’ll tolerate this, he’ll do it again!

Sigh, I know this from personal experience. I tried fencing to keep him faithful, but he climbs over like a squirrel....

BenLui Wed 08-Nov-17 16:31:22

You clearly have control issues.

He’s not a juvenile, he doesn’t answer to you just because he lives with you!

grin

BarbaraofSevillle Wed 08-Nov-17 16:32:09

Give him a sniff. Mine have been known to come back smelling of perfume. shock

One of mine currently appears to eat very little, turns his nose up all food offered but is otherwise well and weight still increasing (he's 6 months old).

But from the demonstration last night, it seems that he's learnt how to hunt, as he brought in a dead mouse, played with it for a bit and then ate every single scrap.

TooManyPaws Wed 08-Nov-17 16:33:06

My girl comes home every night all night; my boy disappears for days and often rocks in, eats, and is out again. Having said that, he's taken to staying in all night lately as it's getting cold. AFAIK, he hangs around the barns and stables locally.

OhForFrigSake Wed 08-Nov-17 16:34:51

Sorry everyone! It is a genuine AIBU though, I was so worried about him. It was freezing last night and not even the siren call of the shaking Dreamies packet brought him running.

He was warm when he came in so I don't know if he's been sleeping outdoors but he did retire to his bed and sleep all day.

He normally sleeps on my bed at night and he doesn't have his bits and pieces any more so who knows - if love to put a Go Pro on him!

OhForFrigSake Wed 08-Nov-17 16:36:09

I'd love to put a Go Pro on him even (fat fingers)

OhForFrigSake Wed 08-Nov-17 16:38:27

Butter wouldn't melt

ethelfleda Wed 08-Nov-17 16:40:08

Definitely a reverse!! grin

mimibunz Wed 08-Nov-17 16:52:04

LOL, you had me going! I was genuinely feeling sorry for you, but having my own gorgeous grey mog I completely understand. I think he's got another woman on the take. You wrote that he was warm when he returned, and that's a dead give away. Someone else suggested a sniff test; good idea! Does he have a cat flap?

Wellthatwasembarassing Wed 08-Nov-17 16:54:43

I can just imagine the smug OW waiting with her posh steak dinners she likes to make him and the dreadful kissy noises they make... Stand in your garden and shout "HOMEWRECKER!!" for at least half an hour. Hopefully, she will hear and think twice about her rotten behaviour but at the very least it will get some of your anger out.
I doubt he will give two hoots about it. A leopard can't change his spots...

bathandpjs Wed 08-Nov-17 17:01:05

So sorry OP. Doesn’t look good.

Same thing happened to me and I forgave him. He’s done it since and I’m just too soft to forgive him.

Bloody cats, they just know you will forgive them no matter what

MaidOfStars Wed 08-Nov-17 17:04:10

He was with me. He says I'm better than you. Your relationship is basically a convenient arrangement until he can sort the felinances out.

MoosicalDaisy Wed 08-Nov-17 17:07:14

Hells bells he's gorgeous!!!

Mamabear4180 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:11:19

My (black) cat went missing for over 24 hours, during this time there was a report of a dead black cat in my village, then after all the panic she slinks back home! Phew! I don't think the cold bothers them!

KittyLover91 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:12:53

Hahaha this is fantastic!

My fur baby is a house cat now but before that he was allowed out and when I was told he had been visiting all the neighbours in their houses and they were all oohing and ahhing over him i was raging with jealousy! The betrayal of it!

soupforbrains Wed 08-Nov-17 17:19:13

ethelfleda BAHAHAHA I agree total reverse. grin

RockyBayEve Wed 08-Nov-17 17:23:38

Cats are real bastards wink

IhaveapenIhavepineapple Wed 08-Nov-17 17:25:47

felinances grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now