Talk

Advanced search

eBay - WWYD

(13 Posts)
Nquartz Wed 08-Nov-17 15:31:31

I sold some bulky toys on eBay as collection only. The person who won the auction lives 45-60 minutes away from me, messaged me asking when we would be in & for our address. Paid through PayPal but I haven't heard from them since.

I've messaged a couple of times asking when they want to collect but no reply. Would I be out of order to take them to a charity shop? Technically they don't belong to me anymore but they are taking up space I wanted to clear.

Oddmanout Wed 08-Nov-17 15:33:15

Just message them again saying please respond within 24 hours or I'm re-selling the toys. If you do it via ebay you can point to these messages if they ever raise a grievance.

Pringlemunchers Wed 08-Nov-17 15:33:35

How long ago ?

Nquartz Wed 08-Nov-17 15:37:23

The auctions ended on 15th October and I last messaged on 4th Nov.

Think I'll do as Oddmanout suggests, thanks.

SistersOfPercy Wed 08-Nov-17 15:43:30

Firstly, never accept paypal for a collection item,. The buyer can collect then file an item not received case with Paypal.

Refund the payment, message the buyer and tell them the items are available to collect, cash on collection until this weekend and after that time you will have to resell.

Nquartz Wed 08-Nov-17 15:59:05

Sisters I hadn't thought of that, I've had a couple of people turn up to collect without the right money so thought PayPal was easier.

I've refunded him and I'm going to re-list them.

44PumpLane Wed 08-Nov-17 16:03:27

Yes yes, always cash on collection and if they PayPal you then you need to refund and tell them cash

BarbaraofSevillle Wed 08-Nov-17 16:04:23

Paying and not collecting seems a bit odd whether they intend to scam you or not. It's usually the cash on collection people who piss you about because they've nothing to lose.

Maybe they've lost their log in details or had an unrelated problem and forgotten about it all.

Agree to refunding and telling them that they can do cash on collection by this weekend or else the toys will be relisted. Maybe the paypal refund email will jog their memories. But you've been very patient after all this time, I bet you want the toys out of your way by now.

nocake Wed 08-Nov-17 18:18:21

When they collect get them to sign a confirmation that they've collected. Even better, take a picture as well. Then they can't claim they haven't received it.

In future... Cash on collection.

Tippz Wed 08-Nov-17 18:21:25

I would not get rid of the stuff just yet. Send them a message saying they have a week to collect the stuff, or you will refund the paypal and get rid of the stuff.

Better idea to take cash at the door yes. (As people said above.)

19lottie82 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:31:25

nocake that won’t make any difference I’m afraid, PayPal require an online proof of delivery.

19lottie82 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:32:32

Just email them saying if they don’t collect within x days you are cancelling the sale and if you don’t hear from them then refund them.

Wishingandwaiting Wed 08-Nov-17 18:33:39

No brainier
Cancel
Refund
Relief

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now