Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Relocating as a single parent

(5 Posts)
mydaughtermj Wed 08-Nov-17 14:59:26

I'm looking to move away after I finish my degree (2019)

I live at home with my family (mum, dad and two older brothers) and my 4 y/o daughter and it is completely draining now that ''the kids'' have grown up.

Neither of my brothers have any intention of moving out, even at 24 and 26!

I love my family more than anything and will be eternally grateful for their support, but I am ready to live independently.

We currently live in Wales but hoping to move somewhere in South/East England as it is a great location for jobs and leisure.

I have been a single mother since the start and to be quite frank, what do I have to lose? I will have (hopefully!) got a degree to back me, in addition to a deposit on a house by the time I've finished studying.

Has anyone had any success doing this?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks Mamas x smilewine

Cactusjelly00 Wed 08-Nov-17 15:39:54

What's your Aibu?

mydaughtermj Wed 08-Nov-17 17:32:09

Not sure what category this goes in and I guess it's aibu to want to move away even though my family and extra help is at home.

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 08-Nov-17 17:38:49

Does you daughter have any contact with her father?

If he never sees her, you can move where you like. Keep saving, plan your future, line up a job, get a house and crack on. Your daughter would have to change schools in a couple of years but children are adaptable.

And no, YANBU to want your independence and to forge a life of your own.

mydaughtermj Thu 09-Nov-17 14:56:44

Thanks for your response -

Her dad actually is a south England-er. Not that it would make a tonne of difference, he'd still probably only see her once every six weeks.

It's more than likely I will at least move to somewhere in England, I just wanted some positive reinforcement.

Best Wishes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now