Talk

Advanced search

...to think there's a shelf life for 'personalised gifts'?

(2 Posts)
Pandrawerschangedmylife Wed 08-Nov-17 09:33:18

I got an email from Next the other day and it looks like they're jumping on the personalised gifts bandwagon. I also saw the new Not On The High Street Christmas ad the other day.

Does anyone still buy from NOTH? Surely there will come a point where every person in Britain has a personalised cushion/wallet/chopping board?

Asking because a friend of mine is thinking of giving up work to pursue a career designing prints (she's a graphic designer and does a few on the side already) but I think it's such a saturated market that there's no real room for anyone else.

dingdongdigeridoo Wed 08-Nov-17 10:13:43

I don’t know how NOTHS still exists. Every popular design gets ripped off by Chinese sellers who flog them on AliExpress and eBay.

I think we’ve reached peak personalisation. I don’t think doing it as an individual seller is a great idea, since even places like Tesco sell personalised stuff now. Unless she’s got some amazing and unique take on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now