Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU - funny or not?

(49 Posts)
KnickerBockerGlooooory Tue 07-Nov-17 22:34:53

My DDs enjoy a game they were given called Pass the Bomb Junior. It’s a kids word game that has a comedy bomb as a timing device - it ticks and you pass it on when you’ve given a correct answer until someone is holding it when it ‘explodes’ it’s just a means to an end for each round of the game. My friend I had over at the weekend thought I was in danger of raising mini terrorists! Who is BU???

LoveLights Tue 07-Nov-17 22:36:22

I think it may take a bit more than that game to raise someone to become a terrorist

Rollmopsrule Tue 07-Nov-17 22:36:25

Obviously your friend. We son loved that game

Courgettekatie Tue 07-Nov-17 22:36:27

She is ffs

NetballHoop Tue 07-Nov-17 22:39:37

YANBU It's a famy game. Tell your friend to get a life

TrojansAreSmegheads Tue 07-Nov-17 22:40:31

oh good grief. some people!

overnightangel Tue 07-Nov-17 22:41:03

Your friend sounds like she’s dying to be offended

TrojansAreSmegheads Tue 07-Nov-17 22:42:03

bloody heck Netball. i thought that m was a double n there. stuck me with horrific mental image! 😂

MoistCantaloupe Tue 07-Nov-17 22:43:27

Ah yes, the number one skill any terrorist needs: word association.

Claireabella1 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:44:48

When my daughter was about 8 she was given a game where this plastic dog poos gummy goopy stuff, it was a stupid game but she liked it. That was a few years ago and she doesn't now attempt to play with dog shit, so I think you're ok. Your friend is BU and silly.

DancingHouse Tue 07-Nov-17 22:45:41

Does also think if you play Bukeroo you'll be raising animal abusers?

Claireabella1 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:45:46

MoistCantaloupe 😂

DadDadDad Tue 07-Nov-17 22:46:17

Yes, and playing Hungry Hippos will encourage eating disorders.

LemonysSnicket Tue 07-Nov-17 22:47:29

I played that game as a child .... still not a terrorist. Frankly I find any violence abhorrent and haven't even got another person. It's a timer-consequence game .... not a jihadi training scheme.

AtSea1979 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:48:28

Yes, and playing Hungry Hippos will encourage eating disorders

😂😂😂

KnickerBockerGlooooory Tue 07-Nov-17 22:49:32

Hehe I’m so glad it’s not me! Never even crossed my mind. Love the reference to Hungry Hippos grin

DaisysStew Tue 07-Nov-17 22:51:21

Your friend is right! I played Buckaroo as a child and now I'm always in trouble for trying to balance hats and rope on Donkeys.

It's a slippery slope... wink

KnickerBockerGlooooory Tue 07-Nov-17 22:51:53

Maybe that’s what Syria needs Moist - overly verbose suicide bombers so you’ve got time to run. Sorry if this is bad taste blush

BenLui Tue 07-Nov-17 22:53:23

Makes you wonder what she thinks about Stratego, Monopoly or Battleship

sadeyedladyofthelowlands63 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:55:53

We have played Pass the Bomb at every family gathering for the last ten years. Your friend is being ridiculous.

LaContessaDiPlump Tue 07-Nov-17 22:56:42

Actually I don't really know if YABU or not; I used to think these things were fine but an incident 10 years ago (!) made me reflect.

I had a t-shirt that said 'I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!!'. So, obv a joke about the potential (entirely imaginary) risks of that profession, which I thought was funny and pretty innocent. DSis was visiting and borrowed my t-shirt; we then walked into town. We both noticed all the filthy looks and scowls we were getting, to the extent that DSis bought herself another t-shirt and changed in the loos. Filthy looks stopped.

Since then I have been very wary of any jokes that refer to bombs in any way whatsoever, as it seems people are a bit gun-shy (sorry).

AnonEvent Tue 07-Nov-17 23:04:31

I think your friend is right. I played Mousetrap as a child and have spent all evening chasing a house mouse around with a washing basket on a nobbly pole trying to catch it.

GabsAlot Tue 07-Nov-17 23:08:13

id say thats slightl differnt your actually insinuating thres a bomb somewhere as a joke this is just a word association game

CatastropheKate Tue 07-Nov-17 23:11:48

Well I played Operation as a child, and am now a qualified surgeon.

I also played Liar.

GretchenFranklin Tue 07-Nov-17 23:13:18

I loved Operation as a child: I'm now a top flight surgeon.

Not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now