Talk

Advanced search

AIBU - funny or not?

(49 Posts)
KnickerBockerGlooooory Tue 07-Nov-17 22:34:53

My DDs enjoy a game they were given called Pass the Bomb Junior. It’s a kids word game that has a comedy bomb as a timing device - it ticks and you pass it on when you’ve given a correct answer until someone is holding it when it ‘explodes’ it’s just a means to an end for each round of the game. My friend I had over at the weekend thought I was in danger of raising mini terrorists! Who is BU???

LoveLights Tue 07-Nov-17 22:36:22

I think it may take a bit more than that game to raise someone to become a terrorist

Rollmopsrule Tue 07-Nov-17 22:36:25

Obviously your friend. We son loved that game

Courgettekatie Tue 07-Nov-17 22:36:27

She is ffs

NetballHoop Tue 07-Nov-17 22:39:37

YANBU It's a famy game. Tell your friend to get a life

TrojansAreSmegheads Tue 07-Nov-17 22:40:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

overnightangel Tue 07-Nov-17 22:41:03

Your friend sounds like she’s dying to be offended

TrojansAreSmegheads Tue 07-Nov-17 22:42:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoistCantaloupe Tue 07-Nov-17 22:43:27

Ah yes, the number one skill any terrorist needs: word association.

Claireabella1 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:44:48

When my daughter was about 8 she was given a game where this plastic dog poos gummy goopy stuff, it was a stupid game but she liked it. That was a few years ago and she doesn't now attempt to play with dog shit, so I think you're ok. Your friend is BU and silly.

DancingHouse Tue 07-Nov-17 22:45:41

Does also think if you play Bukeroo you'll be raising animal abusers?

Claireabella1 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:45:46

MoistCantaloupe 😂

DadDadDad Tue 07-Nov-17 22:46:17

Yes, and playing Hungry Hippos will encourage eating disorders.

LemonysSnicket Tue 07-Nov-17 22:47:29

I played that game as a child .... still not a terrorist. Frankly I find any violence abhorrent and haven't even got another person. It's a timer-consequence game .... not a jihadi training scheme.

AtSea1979 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:48:28

Yes, and playing Hungry Hippos will encourage eating disorders

😂😂😂

KnickerBockerGlooooory Tue 07-Nov-17 22:49:32

Hehe I’m so glad it’s not me! Never even crossed my mind. Love the reference to Hungry Hippos grin

DaisysStew Tue 07-Nov-17 22:51:21

Your friend is right! I played Buckaroo as a child and now I'm always in trouble for trying to balance hats and rope on Donkeys.

It's a slippery slope... wink

KnickerBockerGlooooory Tue 07-Nov-17 22:51:53

Maybe that’s what Syria needs Moist - overly verbose suicide bombers so you’ve got time to run. Sorry if this is bad taste blush

BenLui Tue 07-Nov-17 22:53:23

Makes you wonder what she thinks about Stratego, Monopoly or Battleship

sadeyedladyofthelowlands63 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:55:53

We have played Pass the Bomb at every family gathering for the last ten years. Your friend is being ridiculous.

LaContessaDiPlump Tue 07-Nov-17 22:56:42

Actually I don't really know if YABU or not; I used to think these things were fine but an incident 10 years ago (!) made me reflect.

I had a t-shirt that said 'I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!!'. So, obv a joke about the potential (entirely imaginary) risks of that profession, which I thought was funny and pretty innocent. DSis was visiting and borrowed my t-shirt; we then walked into town. We both noticed all the filthy looks and scowls we were getting, to the extent that DSis bought herself another t-shirt and changed in the loos. Filthy looks stopped.

Since then I have been very wary of any jokes that refer to bombs in any way whatsoever, as it seems people are a bit gun-shy (sorry).

AnonEvent Tue 07-Nov-17 23:04:31

I think your friend is right. I played Mousetrap as a child and have spent all evening chasing a house mouse around with a washing basket on a nobbly pole trying to catch it.

GabsAlot Tue 07-Nov-17 23:08:13

id say thats slightl differnt your actually insinuating thres a bomb somewhere as a joke this is just a word association game

CatastropheKate Tue 07-Nov-17 23:11:48

Well I played Operation as a child, and am now a qualified surgeon.

I also played Liar.

GretchenFranklin Tue 07-Nov-17 23:13:18

I loved Operation as a child: I'm now a top flight surgeon.

Not.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: