Talk

Advanced search

Another MIL one!

(4 Posts)
CaeDyGeg Tue 07-Nov-17 18:13:59

So MIL has accused DP and I of isolating ourselves, do nothing but mess people about and it's no wonder people don't come to see us hmm

This is after she text us a couple of Sundays ago asking if we were in at 3pm so she could come over to see DD (1yo) and us. Fine by us - Then had a text to say 2:30pm instead. DP text saying we might still be out shopping but won't be long back. I told DP to leave the shopping, we can do it next day instead, seeing MIL is more important. DP reiterated all this to MIL. She then doesn't turn up until 3:30pm angry

As she's leaving that day she says she'd like to have DD overnight next weekend and that she'll message us.
Get a message a few days later to confirm, I'm reluctant as DD had been in nursery all week and I wanted to spend some time with her. DP convinces me to let DD go.
MIL then insists on meeting halfway and dropping DD off at this point. I say I'd rather bring her to your house, settle her in and see some family whilst there.
MIL isn't happy with this for some strange reason and tells us to leave the sleepover for another time. She then changes her mind and asks us to drop DD off in the afternoon. Great that's fine.

Get a text the day before sleepover. MIL is apparently too ill to have DD. Fine ok. Later that evening she goes on FB sharing pictures of what a fabulous time she's had at the fireworks display angry

I'm not angry that she didn't have DD (quite relived) but I'm fuming that she accuses us of being the ones to mess people around when in fact we don't, it's her! angry

She wants to have DD another time and I'm in the frame of mind to say no angry Cheeky moose!!!

fc301 Tue 07-Nov-17 18:24:51

She’s acting ridiculous. Don’t credit it with a response. 1yo is very young to stay overnight away from you. Just keep saying not yet not yet...

CaeDyGeg Tue 07-Nov-17 18:44:04

DD has had sleep overs with all her GP's but I can't be doing with being messed about and probably lied too!

WhatwouldAryado Tue 07-Nov-17 18:46:36

Goodness she sounds like a teenager trying to make a frenemy jealous. Shrug and tell her you aren't aware of missing any visitors to yours. Strange woman. Minimise contact through you let your DH handle it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now