Talk

Advanced search

to wonder what happened?

(6 Posts)
BasicallyBiscuit Tue 07-Nov-17 17:37:49

I stayed in contact with my ex about a month after it had happened. A mutual decision. Been together a while, both suffering with mental health problems and had come to a point of awfulness where I needed constant support and he had to be on his own to help himself.

Tried and failed to go NC (both of us), and maintained a friendship (close, platonically sleeping in bed together) because we both needed the support.

Ex was pretty awful towards end of relationship - emotionally abusive to say the least. He had been nice and understanding, said he was still there for me 100%, loved me and cared about me, was willing to give me deposit for new flat, etc.

Anyway we spoke at length about how the ea had affected me, and he was very supportive, saying that it was a reflection of him, etc. He asked one day how the counselling had gone - so I told him that it was quite emotional and I felt down. Que him texting me saying I'd ruined his weekend. I text back a pretty lengthy text saying how he'd ruined a lot of mine in the past. He didn't reply - but he did upload a pic of him and a friend that had caused a breakup previously (her flirty behaviour) with some others in it.

How could he be so cruel? He has contacted me saying he doesn't need someone making him feel bad, but I never intended to - he asked a question and i responded.

I know everyone will think I'm a mug but I love him and I want to support him, AIBU to carry on contact?

Inig0M0nt0ya Tue 07-Nov-17 17:40:16

He's emotionally abusing you, he's not going to change. For your own sake let him go, he's not worth it.

Inig0M0nt0ya Tue 07-Nov-17 17:40:18

He's emotionally abusing you, he's not going to change. For your own sake let him go, he's not worth it.

SugarNyx Tue 07-Nov-17 17:42:39

Neither of you are going to move on if you stay friends. They say you need a month apart for every year you were together (as a guide). You can’t be friends with someone you’re in Love with.

Pixielemons Tue 07-Nov-17 18:38:23

Why is it emotional abuse?

Justmuddlingalong Tue 07-Nov-17 18:40:35

You can't support him to the detriment of your own mental health.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now