Talk

Advanced search

To feel really fed up already of the early dark nights?

(7 Posts)
guestofclanmackenzie Tue 07-Nov-17 17:33:10

It's been a really grim, miserable day here. Ive had most of the day to myself but have felt really out of sorts and in need of really cheering myself up. So I have been to the gym this morning and generally tried to do things I enjoy to snap myself out of it. I sorted out my wardrobe that was long overdue and later this afternoon I ran some errands and so I ended up in the town centre as it was going dark and I couldn't help but notice that everywhere looked grey, cold, dreary and depressing! I hate this time of year so much! I tend to hibernate this time of year as I hate going out when it's gone dark.

I'm taking St John's Wort and I've just started taking Vitamin D tablets but still can't shake off the feeling of being depressed. I enjoy spending cosy evenings at home in my cosy pyjamas but I feel so boring! I've seen from Facebook this morning that everyone has been out and about over the weekend and I can't help but feel I am wasting my life.

Anyone else feel like this?

guestofclanmackenzie Tue 07-Nov-17 21:55:11

Anyone?

underthebridget Tue 07-Nov-17 22:06:44

Sorry you're feeling so rubbish, didn't want to read and run. Does this happen every year for you? I find the beginning of the Autumn/winter transition hard to deal with. Come December, I'm fine. Exercising is great, getting out in day light even if it's grim weather is important too. Take some vitamin d supplements.

biscuiteater Tue 07-Nov-17 22:15:05

I know what you mean but the shortest day will be here before you know it, quickly followed by Christmas then days get longer again. Try to get outside between 12 and 2pm as that's the brightest time of day. I have a light box which helps at this time if year, it's mega bright! Maybe look into getting one as they are very good for SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Also I enjoy having a fire lit and getting cosy. For me the cold, damp wet weather is the hardest thing as I have Raynauds, luckily weather has been okay so far here.

PumpkinSquash Tue 07-Nov-17 22:32:44

Sorry, I'm not the best person to answer as I love this time of year!
Throws over knees, candles lit, boxset dvds on the telly.

JustKeepDancing Tue 07-Nov-17 22:35:42

Yes, I'm really struggling too. It's been very rainy here which hasn't helped, and unfortunately my office is in a basement... Vitamin D and early nights is my plan. I really need to motivate myself to get back in the gym - I know it will help but I just can't drag myself...

Candlelight234 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:41:31

Yes I agree, it was a very depressing, dismal day where I am. Grey and going dark from lunchtime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now