Talk

Advanced search

To expect at least one Mumsnetter to reply !

(29 Posts)
Thequeenisdeadboys Tue 07-Nov-17 16:35:02

How come with the supposed thousands of mumsnetters a new thread can go completely unanswered ?? Just funny !

OliviaStabler Tue 07-Nov-17 16:36:06

I am here!

fantasmasgoria1 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:46:44

I sometimes have a lot of stuff to say and relevant advice to give on many posts but I don’t in case people flame me etc!!!!!

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Tue 07-Nov-17 16:47:48

I've often wondered this and try and respond when I see a poster has no replies - this tends to bump the post and then often other posters respond too. Not always possible though.

Ecureuil Tue 07-Nov-17 16:48:47

Which thread are you talking about?

Creambun2 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:48:55

As there are many dry threads

scaevola Tue 07-Nov-17 16:49:19

They fiddled with the 'Unanswered Threads' and I think you can only see 50 now.

There used to be 'call to action' threads when the number languishing unanswered got rather high.

Nice to see one again.

Fruitcocktail6 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:50:21

Depends how interesting the topic is surely.

And I don't read OPs if they're really really long, just can't be arsed.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Tue 07-Nov-17 16:52:11

I always go to Active Conversations as I always use my phone and this is the most obvious link, most often open and most commonly used (by me) so if I have to open a new MN tab unlikely I've got shitloads open my browser will auto fill to Active Convos.
So I always end up here.

Occasionally I use my ipad and I might then see the link for Unanswered so I may post there.

paxillin Tue 07-Nov-17 16:58:20

Meh, I've had threads with hundreds of replies and threads with 0. Sometimes you are the only one interested in a topic. It's not a public service.

Unless you have actually put a thread in the topic it belongs, nobody does that. Stick it in chat.

BertieBotts Tue 07-Nov-17 17:05:04

They fall off active and then nobody sees it ever again.

BertieBotts Tue 07-Nov-17 17:05:47

Actually, they've hidden away the link to unanswered! I just found it. confused I'm sure it used to be on the bar with active, last 15 mins, etc.

soupforbrains Tue 07-Nov-17 17:08:01

I try to take a look at unanswered threads once a day. Which is not to say that I answer them all. sometimes I have nothing of any use whatsoever to say so it's no point me answering and it disappearing even off 'unanswered' better to leave it so someone else can see it, but yes the link to 'unanswered' could be more prominent I think.

paxillin Tue 07-Nov-17 17:08:43

But do you post on every thread you open, OP? I often read and then realise I don't know anything about it/ am not interested/ find it goady/ think it's a troll... and those are the ones I even click on. And then there are all the topics I have hidden, I of course never get to see those.

toffeepumpkins Tue 07-Nov-17 17:08:44

Where is the link to unanswered? I used to use it in case it was somebody on the MH board who really needed somebody but then it vanished.

paxillin Tue 07-Nov-17 17:10:30

Pops up if you click the down arrow next to Talk at the top of the page, toffeepumpkins.

MongerTruffle Tue 07-Nov-17 17:12:10

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/unanswered

venys Tue 07-Nov-17 17:13:20

Huh - just learnt something !!

Thequeenisdeadboys Tue 07-Nov-17 17:13:50

Ah.. I'm happy to actually get replies and yes, I remember the unanswered link. I put something on yesterday about how i find MN deleting whole threads unnecessary (IMO) grin and I got no replies..not even a deletion by MN either for talking about another deleted thread ! Ha..

TrojansAreSmegheads Tue 07-Nov-17 17:16:34

no replies at all? not even the standard 'this has been done to death" ?

count yourself lucky 😁😁

PandorasXbox Tue 07-Nov-17 17:17:15

I try and reply to a thread that’s gone unanswered. I don’t like the threads that have 27 paragraphs though. Some people go all around the houses when a few sentences would do.

Flyinggeese Tue 07-Nov-17 17:18:03

Hey OP, I've had very quiet threads before, but I do often post for quick bit of advice, and it's job done in about 6 posts so no complaints.

Sometimes the section you post in matters, so for the example you gave there, I think it would be 'site stuff' for HQ to look at.

I do sympathise though. Sometimes I think I have a posting style that's not the norm, or something. brew

Thequeenisdeadboys Tue 07-Nov-17 17:18:10

Has it trojans ? grin

Thequeenisdeadboys Tue 07-Nov-17 17:20:21

Good point flyinggeese . Thanks.

PseudoBadger Tue 07-Nov-17 17:21:56

No one has answered my very boring sofa bed question sadgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now