Talk

Advanced search

To let my kid have a warty toe?

(20 Posts)
FauxFox Tue 07-Nov-17 16:01:40

He doesn't care. It doesn't hurt. Does it matter? What would I even do to get them away? It's a cluster on his big toe and has been there for months not growing/shrinking much. I am not going to sellotape banana to it or any shit like that - he has ASD and will not tolerate it. I could paint some stuff on it nightly if that would help? Tea tree oil or something? Any chiropodists have and wisdom for me envy

Clandestino Tue 07-Nov-17 16:02:23

It does not matter. It will heal on its own.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 07-Nov-17 16:03:35

If he swims or is barefoot or might pass it on, YABU. If he doesn't, will he touch it then his eye? YABU inthat case.

There are loads of paint on/freeze off solutions at Boots.

DancingLedge Tue 07-Nov-17 16:19:38

Tried so many things from chemist, (fiddly and ineffective)and long course of freezing by practice nurse.(painful and mostly ineffective)
(Only bothered because on my hands, and v.v. small possibility of passing them to children I worked with)
What worked, quickly, painlessly, was tea tree oil, applied daily with a cotton bud.Covered it with sock, so DS can't touch/ transfer it elsewhere.

FauxFox Tue 07-Nov-17 16:31:38

Thanks dancing - will give it a try smile

RoseDog Tue 07-Nov-17 16:35:00

DS had one on his finger as a toddler, we tried loads of over the counter stuff, none worked, the dr wasn’t interested in doing anything saying it’s a virus it will go on it’s own then one day it was gone , he’s never had one since. He had it about 2 years!

user1497357411 Tue 07-Nov-17 18:07:01

cover it with a plaster so there is less risk that he transmits it to other kids if he takes off his socks.

FlakeBook Tue 07-Nov-17 18:08:47

We used the home freezing stuff. Quick and easy.

PaintingByNumbers Tue 07-Nov-17 18:11:33

Yanbu, this is the advice of the british swimming assoc for example
www.britishswimming.org/members-resources/athletes-and-parents/understanding-verrucas/

AfterSchoolWorry Tue 07-Nov-17 18:16:50

Yea, you can buy Scholl stuff, liquid nitrogen in a can, freezes the wart off.

JennyOnAPlate Tue 07-Nov-17 18:18:50

Yanbu. My 9 year old has had a few on her fingers for about a year now. I bought some stuff but it didn’t work. She wants to keep them now because “they’re part of me” hmm

BeALert Tue 07-Nov-17 18:21:36

It might or might not heal on its own depending on his immune system.

One of my children has had them for years, and they're now all over both her feet and cause her pain. We've tried a variety of techniques to remove them, and she's now being treated by the doctor.

Once they're gone, we will be watching out to see if she gets any more, and treating them ASAP, as it seems her immune system just doesn't work when it comes to warts.

She's unusual though (although I was the same as a child).

OhShit2017 Tue 07-Nov-17 18:23:48

One of my friends swears that she got rid of her warts and verrucas by squeezing the juice from dandelion stalks onto them. Might be worth a go, doesn’t cost anything!

londonlookout Tue 07-Nov-17 18:26:22

This is exactly what I thought OP. DD (who has ASD) had one wart on her thumb. Several months later both hands were covered and new ones seemed to be appearing daily. I tried lots of things but the only thing that worked was Bazuka Max Strength.

ownedbySWD Tue 07-Nov-17 18:28:37

4yo DD has them on her face! GP won't do anything. angry

londonlookout Tue 07-Nov-17 18:31:44

owned I was really shocked when I found out GP's don't bother with wart treatment too. They can spread by physical contact dd1 learned the hard way and sharing towels so I would be treating ASAP.

ownedbySWD Tue 07-Nov-17 18:34:21

I'm scared to do anything to her face, tbh.

kittytom Tue 07-Nov-17 18:36:40

My mum swears by applying tincture of thuja OP. The OTC chemist stuff damages the skin.

Odoreida Tue 07-Nov-17 18:48:50

I had awful warts on my hands as a teenager. Can't believe I had friends really. They all just dropped off one day in the summer before 6th form

kittytom Tue 07-Nov-17 18:58:03

My friend claims hers vanished after she was badly bitten by a mosquito... Not sure I would personally try this method!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now