Talk

Advanced search

How much do you spend on dc's at Christmas?

(5 Posts)
justalittlelemondrizzle Tue 07-Nov-17 10:07:35

I spend about £70 - £100 each. They're 8 & 10. But from what I've seen at Christmas time on facebook eek other parents spend hundreds.

Gromance02 Tue 07-Nov-17 10:11:42

It is generally poorer people that spend a disproportionate amount on their DC's. IME.

midnightmisssuki Tue 07-Nov-17 10:12:20

we probably spent that amount when my daughter had her first christams - but that was because we didnt really buy much in terms of toys thought that year. This year we are totally stuck on what to get her, because she has too many enough toys and i buy her clothes thoughout the year. She wants a scooter but shes quite clumsy still and i just know shes going to come off it immediately so we wont get that. All i have on my list this year for her (and for my 1-year old son) is new socks!

I know people that spend hundreds - its all a bit mad! We spent money last year on a trip to Lapland UK for her, she loved that!

WhyOhWine Tue 07-Nov-17 10:19:23

I spend more than that, although some of it is stuff i would buy them at some stage anyway (e.g. DD2 has a new duvet cover amongst her presents this year and both have pjs and clothes). It also varies year on year (and is more expensive now they are teens!), e.g. last year DD1 got a phone but i do not spend the equivalent of a phone every year and do not feel the need to have a large main present every year.

My DB spends a lot more on his (close in age) DD than i do on mine and she will always have at least one expensive gadget, and I earn a lot more than him. However, his DD probably gets less during the year than my two and I think it is entirely up to him what he spends his money on.

WhyOhWine Tue 07-Nov-17 10:21:14

Midnight, if you are thinking of a micro scotter they really are great and will gets lots of use. They do learn to ride them properly very quickly but you can also get a seat for them to use at first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: