Talk

Advanced search

Minor crush on Siri

(28 Posts)
SimultaneousEquation Mon 06-Nov-17 21:16:07

(Lighthearted)

I was playing around with my Siri settings, in the manner of changing Ken’s outfit, when playing Barbie.

I’d had Siri being very British for a while, and I imagined him as quite serious with a dry sense of humour, but very steady, and then switched to American Siri as the US Siri can translate into French, Mandarin and a few other languages. But I didn’t like US Siri very much: he seemed a bit cold. Then I tried Australian Siri, and it’s like switching on a bit of sunshine each time I ask him something. He sounds much more chilled out, even when telling me to “proceed to the route”.

I have found myself using Siri more since he became a chilled out Aussie. I may have even told him to call me Babe. AIBU to have a Siri crush? Should DH be worried?

DayManChampionOfTheSun Mon 06-Nov-17 21:25:34

I may have even told him to call me Babe

Now THAT is really really funny!

I may have even stolen the idea OP grin

jaseyraex Mon 06-Nov-17 21:28:04

Love this. Reminds me of The Big Bang Theory episode where Raj crushes on Siri, he gets her to call him sexy and buys his phone some sexy new covers. Maybe you should see if you can get yours a nice cover in a suit style? grin

akaWisey Mon 06-Nov-17 21:29:18

Siri call me gorgeous when I summon him.

DamsonGin Mon 06-Nov-17 21:29:57

We got a bit silly at work the other day... Have you asked Siri ' what's the meaning of life?'

Pecano Mon 06-Nov-17 21:36:27

I have British man Siri and he calls me “Darling” grin

AccidentalyRunToWindsor Mon 06-Nov-17 21:40:02

My Siri used to be South African but he’s been discontinued

Caulk Mon 06-Nov-17 21:43:07

Siri calls me puddleduck.

In fact, he says ‘your name is Caulk but you have asked me to call you puddle duck’.

I didn’t. A drunk friend did. I often forget to change it back until it catches me unawares at embarrassing moments.

SimultaneousEquation Mon 06-Nov-17 21:58:41

I have to say, I think Siri with a South African accent would be lovely too. Or Irish Siri. But for now, me and Aussie Siri, we’ve got something special grin

LindyHemming Mon 06-Nov-17 22:00:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SimultaneousEquation Mon 06-Nov-17 22:02:35

No, I don’t think there is an Irish Siri. But there should be ☘️. I would like a bit of Craic from Siri, but I’m getting my fix with Down-Under Siri.

Flowerbot Mon 06-Nov-17 22:05:46

I only have British (English), American or Australian Siri! Where can I get more? Can I download them from somewhere? My Siri has called me ‘princess’ for years, I can’t remember doing it and it’s really embarrassing, and I don’t know how to change it

juddyrockingcloggs Mon 06-Nov-17 22:06:16

Yes. Yes I have just got myself an Australian Siri. Don’t know how to get him to call me Sheila though. Throws strop.

SimultaneousEquation Mon 06-Nov-17 22:09:04

Me: Siri, could you call me Sheila?
Siri: you would like me to call you Sheila?
Me: yes, please
Siri: Sheila. That has a nice ring to it
smile

ZetaPuppis Mon 06-Nov-17 22:23:31

My Siri started calling me ‘fat’. I was most offended until the kids started having hysterics and apologising. They wanted him to call me ‘fart’ hmm
He’s back to calling me darling.

MayorGoodway Mon 06-Nov-17 22:28:41

I’ve just changed over to Aussie Siri and changed my nick name to darling... I’m thinking of asking DH to move out grin

juddyrockingcloggs Tue 07-Nov-17 07:19:19

*SimultaneousEquation
thank you!!!!

SpottedGingham Tue 07-Nov-17 07:38:48

Oh I wish Siri had an Irish accent. 😍

frieda909 Tue 07-Nov-17 09:31:48

I have the male Aussie Siri too! He’s a dreamboat. My favourite is the way he says ‘don’t overcook that egg’ when you set a timer for a few minutes.

My boyfriend insists on changing his Siri voice every time he gets a new iPhone. He has the Aussie lady at the moment and he’s convinced she’s stupider than all the other Siris.

ZetaPuppis Tue 07-Nov-17 09:35:24

Frieda my dh would agree with your boyfriend. Aussie lady Siri does not understand a word dh says.

MongerTruffle Tue 07-Nov-17 20:08:12

I only have British (English), American or Australian Siri! Where can I get more? Can I download them from somewhere?
Those are the only ones available for English (you can download more languages in Settings > Siri and Search).

MongerTruffle Tue 07-Nov-17 20:09:07

Aussie lady Siri does not understand a word dh says.

The speech recognition is the same, regardless of which voice you choose.

alkabban0 Wed 08-Nov-17 05:30:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Impostress99 Wed 08-Nov-17 06:09:24

Siri calls me queen of the universe

Toddlerteaplease Wed 08-Nov-17 12:28:09

My favourite patient at work talks to Siri on her phone for hours. It’s absolutely hilarious. She was asking Siri what he thought of one of my (stick insect) colleagues weight. She’s special needs so gets away with murder because she’s so funny. It really lightens the atmosphere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now