Advanced search

Snoring... help!

(7 Posts)
PipGirl404 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:19:54

Posting for traffic, before I get locked up for blind rage murdery murder.

Recently met a lovely bloke, ticks all the proverbial boxes but Jesus, Mary & Joseph he snores like I have never heard before in my life.

It reverberates along the walls, it's what I imagine the world sounded like before dinosaurs went extinct, I swear despite being 20 miles apart in our own separate houses I can hear a faint rumble in the distance.

Please recommend some kind of super strength earplugs or maybe something that kills a person temporarily? The first option is preferable but I won't argue with suggestions on the latter.

Monoblock67 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:38:21

Look at TMJ mouth guards on eBay...they’re anywhere between £4-10 and I swear they’ve saved my marriage! Miracle cures if you ask me

justilou1 Tue 07-Nov-17 06:15:37

When I was pregnant, I punched my husband in the balls. It cured his snoring for a couple of hours!

FinallyHere Tue 07-Nov-17 06:17:52

DH stops if he is rolled over.

He swears making me roll over just makes my snoring less loud. Sigh

PumpkinPie2016 Tue 07-Nov-17 06:24:31

I feel your pain!I husband snores - not all night but quite a lot (more so at the moment as he has a cold) and it drives me to distraction!

I have actually got up and gone to sleep on the sofa sometimes but getting too cold to do that with only a blanket now.

Ear plugs help or I tried earphones and calming/relaxing music to cancel out the noise.

FinallyHere Tue 07-Nov-17 06:41:13

Sorry, meant to add, I find really helpful

It only really 'works' if i don't allow myself to focus on his snores, just treat them as a distraction and focus in what i am listening to. Focus on the snoring and i just can't get to sleep. Good luck

Me264 Tue 07-Nov-17 07:09:53

My DH used to snore terribly and we lived in a studio flat so I had literally nowhere to go to escape him. I feel your pain. I’m a light sleeper so nothing worked that well for me, ear plugs are worth spending more on though for the proper ones that mould to your ear shape, they dulled the noise enough that if I focused hard on something else repetitive (counting sheep etc!) I could usually fall back to sleep eventually.

Luckily DH stopped snoring when he lost weight and stopped smoking. Still does occasionally now when he has a cold but we have a much bigger house so I just go and sleep in the spare room - bliss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now