Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Playdate invitation etiquette

(3 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Mon 06-Nov-17 15:56:21

Dd started reception recently and I have organised a couple of play dates as she's not enjoying school at all, but she's had lovely play dates and I know some of the mums anyway so it's been nice. But even though some of them have been to ours twice they've still not invited dd to theirs even though they are invited others.
Aibu to expect dd should be invited soon?

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 06-Nov-17 15:57:02

And yes probably should get a life I just desperately want dd to settle in at school.

didnthappeninmyday Mon 06-Nov-17 16:08:32

If you wait you’ll be waiting forever 😀

My dc would ask if me if they could go to one of their friends houses after school and us say we need to ask them over first it’s only polite. Like youve found they were happy to come to ours but we rarely hit s return invite, meanwhile a child who never invited anyone to his constantly got invited to everyone’s houses.

He had it sussed, he’d badger his mates just before home time, “ask your mum if I can come round, go on ask her, ask her” you’d then get cornered by your child and this smiling boy and say yes of course. He also got invited to all the parties.

So in my experience you need to encourage your child to ask their friends parents

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now