Talk

Advanced search

Car wash

(13 Posts)
Toast3 Mon 06-Nov-17 15:02:43

I went to Morrison’s yesterday to take my filthy car through the car wash.... I parked out of the way and went to buy the token.
As I walked back to my car someone pulled up right in front of the car wash (completely blocking it). He then went to walk across the forecourt to go in and buy the ticket.
I asked him to move as I was ready to go in. He said he was first and I’d have to wait. I told him I was actually there first and I had my ticket and was ready to go in whereas he would now how to wait in the queue. He begrudgingly moved his car but wasn’t happy about it....
Who was being unreasonable?

Furgggggg12 Mon 06-Nov-17 15:04:33

You were. How was he meant to know if you weren't parked there?

disahsterdahling Mon 06-Nov-17 15:05:16

From what you say, you were there first, so you get to go in first.

So the other party was unreasonable.

araiwa Mon 06-Nov-17 15:05:39

noone

he moved his car when you told him you had already bought your ticket

bluebells1 Mon 06-Nov-17 15:06:07

Why didn't you park blocking the wash? Isn't that how a queue is formed?

disahsterdahling Mon 06-Nov-17 15:06:18

Oh sorry I didn't see that you parked miles away. In that case, not quite so clear cut but I'd say whoever paid first was first.

TonTonMacoute Mon 06-Nov-17 15:08:13

I always park in front of the car wash, go in buy ticket, come out, go through car wash. I would expect others to do that too.

Toast3 Mon 06-Nov-17 15:10:56

Interesting replies. I deliberatly didn’t block the entrance in case anyone who was in the queue had already bought a ticket and wanted to go in first. I didn’t think it was fair to make them then wait for me if they were all ready to go....
I liken it to having a full shopping trolley, leaving it in a queue and then popping back for more groceries which would mean blocking the till for others who were ready....
Interesting to see how others think now though....

fuckinguseless Mon 06-Nov-17 15:18:35

Someone did this to my DF. DF drove round to the front of the car wash and reversed back through it so he was inside the washing bit and therefore in front of the bloke who had queue jumped grin

Correct etiquette IMO is to park on forecourt (without occupying pump space if not refuelling),purchase ticket then drive to car wash. You can’t reserve a spot in front of it. I avoid all this by going to the hand wash place near me who do a fab job for the same price.

Ellie56 Mon 06-Nov-17 15:21:33

I avoid all this by going to the hand wash place near me who do a fab job for the same price.

Agree hand washing places do a far better job.

Toast3 Mon 06-Nov-17 15:22:13

Haha! I think your FIL has got the right idea lol 😂

Peachyking000 Mon 06-Nov-17 15:25:31

I once did what Fuckinguseless’s DF did

TonTonMacoute Mon 06-Nov-17 15:29:43

You can’t reserve a spot in front of it

Yes, but if everyone does this (unless you are going to go shopping for an hour in between buying the token and actually going through) then there is no queue jumping. If you see a car stopped in front of the car wash, then you know that someone is ahead of you buying a token. If everyone is politely parked around and about, how do you know who got there first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now