Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Landlord Notice

(4 Posts)
Olliver27 Mon 06-Nov-17 09:22:52

My landlord has put a notice on the front door of our block of flats as notice (would much prefer an email as notice but I can deal with this bit) for a gas safety inspection. However, the notice states that said inspection will be carried out at any point in the next 2 weeks. HMO if that makes any difference. AIBU to want more specific notice so I can be here when the inspection takes place?

Cheeseontoastie Mon 06-Nov-17 10:29:23

Don't they normally just turn up when they feel like it?? I had them turn up at mine once unannounced and as I hadn't had a chance to go out and get gas that morning (I had ran out) they turn off my supply and left me with none for the weekend!

hotmilkandcrunchynuts Mon 06-Nov-17 10:31:52

They can't enter without your specific permission. Gas safety check does not come under the heading of something they can enter alone for, it's routine maintenance and non emergent.

Call them and tell them they are not to enter your home, and you will agree a mutually convenient exact time when they may enter.

The law is on your side here.

TheCatsMother99 Mon 06-Nov-17 11:01:47

Hotmilk is spot on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now