Talk

Advanced search

Fireworks

(4 Posts)
IceBearRocks Mon 06-Nov-17 02:41:49

So we've been NC with DH DSis for 3 years. Mental health problems and her DH not attempting to get the support they need. They have DC 8 & 3.
We have chaotic lifestyle. 3DC.;Ds10 Has HF ASD, DS8 has rare gene mutation, severly disabled, Epilepsy, autism....and DD6 who is NT.
Been NC for 3 years as no one acknowledges DSis condition.vshe has scizoeffective effective disorder and had been sectioned 3 times since DC were born and twice before.
She doesn't acknowledge the condition and lives in a dream world!
DH has MS and when in contact his condition through stress becomes worse.

......gets the AIBU....
We live in a small village. Saturday next week is out fireworks display. Small village. Our friends will go, DC friends will too...we've gone for last 4 years.
DH DP have said DSis and family are coming and they've suggested we go to different event!
Our DS has just come out if hospital (again) so thinking not with the hassle ....BUT... The display is local community centre, we can go indoor and still watch if needed as we have previously.....
Anyway ...should our DC miss out on fireworks in Thier own village to accommodate DSis an her family .
My heart says "fuck you " this is our village...but also ...us it worth the fight.....bring NC helps DH anxiety which helps his MS symptoms.
I feel pushed out of my own village and family life...but need to make the best decision for my family!

justilou1 Mon 06-Nov-17 02:56:54

Listen to your heart - You've got enough going on without having to change your plans for them. Sounds like they are making some kind of statement.

IceBearRocks Mon 06-Nov-17 02:59:56

Just.....I get that but worried I'm making a statement by going...do we just not do what we've always done ...and not go..do our kids me as out ? Bah ...life !

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 06-Nov-17 03:46:56

You go but completely & utterly ignore them.

You don’t hide in the background (unless you always would have done) & you do nothing differently to how you would normally do it.

If they attempt to speak to you, you cut them dead or ignore. You do not give them the control over your life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now