Talk

Advanced search

More of a WWYD..... upcoming work commitment

(7 Posts)
catsanddogsfightless Sun 05-Nov-17 21:53:51

I have a evening networking commitment in a few days. A colleague invited me and I accepted weeks ago. She and her husband are going. 3 days ago my DH announced he wants to separate from me. I am in shock. The WWYD is 'do I go to event even though I don't feel like it?'

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sun 05-Nov-17 21:55:36

If its advantageous to your job I would go. When all shit descends you will need your wages more than ever.
flowers

PotteringAlong Sun 05-Nov-17 21:57:55

Yes! It's work.

Dozer Sun 05-Nov-17 21:58:11

I would skip the event.

catsanddogsfightless Sun 05-Nov-17 21:59:54

The truth is I don't want to let down my colleague. She is lovely it's a sit down meal in a posh venue. She is driving us there. The invite was to her and 3 guests. I will probably be ok when I get there but the preparations beforehand feel uncomfortable. I am unlikely to pick up new leads but it's possible As I typed above I want to support my colleague. I haven't told her about DH's announcement

RB68 Sun 05-Nov-17 22:00:51

It will be tough but go for it - as someone else said you will need work, you need to start rebuilding and this is fairly low key to attend. But be prepared to leave earlier/not imbibe too much so you get upset etc

catsanddogsfightless Sun 05-Nov-17 22:06:41

RB very good advice. Thanks! I am leaving my car at colleagues house so will not be drinking alcohol. You must know me! I am struggling at times to hold in tears so wine would definitely be a bad idea. It is low key. I'll only know 3 people there so can hopefully duck under any personal questions. It's 6pm til 10.30pm.
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: