Talk

Advanced search

To love the film Paddington?

(73 Posts)
KindergartenKop Sun 05-Nov-17 18:57:53

I think it's a classic. I've just sat here watching it without my children. It gives me the warm fuzzies!
Aibu?

singingpinkmonkey Sun 05-Nov-17 18:58:57

YANBU I loved it and I watched it having has no kids. Lovely, lovely film!
I can't wait to show it to my son when he is old enough.

Sirzy Sun 05-Nov-17 18:59:20

I have booked to go and see the new one on Saturday under the pretence if it being for my sons birthday. I think I am more excited than him

piglover Sun 05-Nov-17 18:59:28

I saw it (again) the other night with my partner. We are 54 and 53 respectively and excited for Paddington 2!!

Parmesanity Sun 05-Nov-17 18:59:41

Nope! It's glorious. When it first came out we were living overseas and I sobbed with homesickness all the way through. Can't wait for new Paddington film grin

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Sun 05-Nov-17 19:00:19

Yes, it's lovely smile

travailtotravel Sun 05-Nov-17 19:02:33

Ooh we just watched it too. Big warm lovely feeling. DH under strict instructions that if he finds anything bear-like at Waterloo station he must bring it home forthwith.

Fishfingersandwichnocheese Sun 05-Nov-17 19:02:49

Don't get the warm fuzzies about H Bonneville these days.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 05-Nov-17 19:04:16

Yanbu. Love it. Love Hugh B.q

LinoleumBlownapart Sun 05-Nov-17 19:07:06

Yep it's fuzzy. We watched it a few months back. We live overseas. Not much makes me nostalgic but that did. The kids loved it, I asked my mum to get a classic Paddington Bear for my youngest, the ones they sell in Hamley's or John Lewis, with boots. That's the only bit the film lacked, his welly boots!

ifcatscouldtalk Sun 05-Nov-17 19:10:07

Oh i love paddington. Paddington and Mary Poppins make me feel fuzzy.

PantPlot Sun 05-Nov-17 19:13:55

I watched it a few years ago on a snugly autumn afternoon. Me and my daughter both remarked how Paddington reminded us of our dog grin

Sadly he (the dog) died suddenly a week later so I haven't dared watch it again since then. It is lovely though.

KindergartenKop Sun 05-Nov-17 19:17:51

I'm glad it's not just me!

Callmecordelia Sun 05-Nov-17 19:19:50

I love it too OP.

formerbabe Sun 05-Nov-17 19:20:46

Me too. Gives me a lovely warm feeling.

MissClareRemembers Sun 05-Nov-17 19:22:02

I’m very excited about the new film but I don’t think either DCs wants to go with me. I love the way London is portrayed in a lovely snuggly Mary Poppins way.

ScaryMonstersAndSuoerCreeps Sun 05-Nov-17 19:23:32

Wilf and I love Paddington. Can't wait to see no 2!grin

bakingcupcakes Sun 05-Nov-17 19:24:27

I love it. I'm tempted to go and watch the 2nd one by myself in a couple of weeks (when I'm meant to be Christmas shopping).

The80sweregreat Sun 05-Nov-17 19:25:31

Its nothing much like the books, but its a lovely film.
I love Ben Wishaw's voice as Paddington and even Nicole Kidman is bearable! I shed a tear as i loved the books as a kid.

daddyorchipsdaddyorchips Sun 05-Nov-17 19:29:08

YANBU!

I saw the second film today and it’s was bloody brilliant. Better than the first - Hugh Grant is spectaculary cheesy in it!

TheLambshankRedemption Sun 05-Nov-17 19:31:08

It is a great film but like fishfingersandwich I too wish HB hadn't been cast. Definitely no warm fuzzies for him from me either.

KindergartenKop Sun 05-Nov-17 19:31:55

I wasn't ever particularly into the books so it doesn't spoil them. I've booked a date for DS and I to see it. Only taking him so I won't be lonely!

PurpleYam Sun 05-Nov-17 19:33:14

Yeah, it's a lovely film, except for that stupid taxidermist business. Totally unnecessary and irrelevant. Spoils an otherwise gorgeous film that almost perfectly captured the atmosphere of the books. And utterly terrified my dc.

bigbluebus Sun 05-Nov-17 19:33:31

DH and I bought the first one on DVD and watched it together. We have already booked tickets to go and see Paddington 2 next month at a 'local' cinema ie a little folksy one where there will hopefully be no/few children and we can have a glass of wine whilst we watch. We are both quite excited grin

PrivateParkin Sun 05-Nov-17 19:39:46

YANBU it's great! I cried buckets when I saw it the first time... Especially the bit when he's waiting at Paddington Station Lost & Found, and only "Lost" is lit up on the sign, but when Mrs Brown stops to speak to him, the "Found" lights up as well. Sob!! Also 32 Windsor Gardens is like interior decorating heaven. Can't wait for the second film.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now