Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wish the CSA had just not bothered writing to me?

(9 Posts)
ManateeEquineOHara Sun 05-Nov-17 18:19:01

ExH died in 2009.

For the 18 months prior to that he was totally shit, only saw DCs when it suited him to mess me around and paid a grand total of £5 per week because he was working under his twin brother's name while claiming jobseekers allowance in his name (twin brother in prison, grim family).

About 5 years ago I had a letter from them telling me the £39 or similar that I apparently owed THEM had been written off. First I ever heard of it and no idea how I could have ever owed them anything anyway.

Yesterday I get recieved a letter stating that:

"We are writing to you about the £232.54 that the late Mr O'Hara owed you'
These arrears are from the period 07/02/2007 - 31/07/2009'

The letter then proceeds to tell me they have no legal powers to collect the arrears from 'his estate' (non existent anyway) and are therefore writing this off.

The sole outcome of this letter has been to tell me I could have had some money but can't, and to remind me that my life is shit.

Silverthorn Sun 05-Nov-17 18:20:39

Thanks for less than nothing. Wankers. cake

weaselwords Sun 05-Nov-17 18:21:20

flowers I hope your life is less shit soon.

kuniloofdooksa Sun 05-Nov-17 18:24:44

Yep that's miserable.
But on the plus side, if they hadn't written the letter and at some point you heard a rumour that he had actually left someone £1000 (from these underhand earnings you mention) you might have wasted a lot more than £232.54 trying to find out whether this was true and whether you had the right to it.

Don't dwell on it. Chapter closed. Onwards and upwards.

ManateeEquineOHara Sun 05-Nov-17 18:28:57

Less than nothing and like getting kicked many years later sad

LaurieFairyCake Sun 05-Nov-17 18:29:20

Hey at least he’s dead

Too soon grin?

#blackhumour

greenlanes Sun 05-Nov-17 18:29:35

I know you probably wont want to , but please send that correspondence and the other from 5 years ago (if you still have it) to your MP and summarise the key issues. This is such a good example of how public money is being wasted (and wasted and wasted etc goes on loop). I really so strongly believe that we need to make our MPs work for us - if we dont tell them what is wrong with this fucked up system then they can get away with saying they didnt know. So lets not give them that out. I dont know who regulates CSA - does anyone regulate them? If you know copy them in. #failedsystem #fathersfailingfamilies #familycourtsfailingfamilies

ManateeEquineOHara Sun 05-Nov-17 18:40:23

You are right Greenlanes - although I am a persistent nag to my useless MP on a regular basis and I would rather he didn't know this about my personal life.

However - I am going to have a look for the other letter but I have a feeling that after keeping it for years I got rid of it in a tidy up only a few months ago thinking there is surely no longer any use for this! I may also email someone I know from the local BBC too in case they are planning any kind of feature. I did this before with them when I had a Concentrix letter and filmed a piece with them!

greenlanes Sun 05-Nov-17 19:33:17

Manatee, wishing you well with that! The more pressure the better,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now