Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To grumble at DHs cleaning?

(8 Posts)
Antoniacaenis Sun 05-Nov-17 18:02:02

Ok, so I probably am. I hate cleaning and this weekend has been a deep clean one, brought on by thread worms (nice!)

So we have been taking turns to clean and supervise the DCs (pre-schoolers so can't really set them to work!) Yesterday we did the whole house except for the kitchen (And open plan living area). This morning I had some errands to run so took the kids and went to the supermarket etc. Left DH to carry on with the (massive) pile of laundry and do the kitchen.

Came back ready to make lunch for DCS to find that he has started by taking apart the kitchen shelves to clean behind the fridge etc. We can barely get in the door, never mind make a meal and sit down to eat it. I have spent the whole afternoon cleaning all the random things he took down (fondue sets etc) before I could clear the surfaces and get scrubbing.

So after a whole weekend cleaning we still have to clean the kids toys and the kitchen floor. Meantimes the kids have moved all their toys from room to room and presumably spread our little friends back around the rest of the house.

AIBU to think that he needs to get his priorities in order?

AnneLovesGilbert Sun 05-Nov-17 18:10:02

YANBU. But was he trying to be annoying or was he trying to be thorough and it look longer than he thought?

I'm not making excuses for him but you're all going through this and he was getting on with stuff, albeit in a weird order.

MrsJayy Sun 05-Nov-17 18:12:05

Yanbu my dh would do that it is very annoying especially if you have a houseful and trying to get on with cooking/eating

Antoniacaenis Sun 05-Nov-17 18:28:06

Definitely trying his best. He just saw it was dirty and got carried away/forgot what was actually needed! Also he never gets his head round the frequency of feeding the kids...

peachgreen Sun 05-Nov-17 18:44:07

My DH is similar - when he cleans, he REALLY cleans. I quite like it because between the two of us, we cover everything - I clean everything regularly but imperfectly, and he does everything occasionally but properly!

Get him to focus on the stuff that needs a lot of detailed attention and you can get the bulk of it done. That works pretty well for us.

MrsJayy Sun 05-Nov-17 18:59:30

Dh did the bathroom last week tiles were grotty he re siliconed round the bath and took the rubber bit out the shower screen and soaked it in bleach he likes to get stuck in i left him to it

bathghter Sun 05-Nov-17 19:09:25

Such a man thing tbh. My dp doesn’t do masses of day to day (but plenty as he earns all the money) but he is the one when we need to do a Proper Job.

Pengggwn Sun 05-Nov-17 19:34:04

I hate this. The lawn gets mowed but no one gets any lunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now