Talk

Advanced search

To not understand how this isn’t a crime...

(23 Posts)
Nickynackynoodle Sun 05-Nov-17 15:54:13

A teacher taking “upskirting” photos of girls. Not criminal as they can’t expect privacy at a school. Not indecent images as they’re “not indecent”.

I’m gobsmacked.

There’s a petition at the bottom of the article to make upskirting illegal. Please sign.

article here

Iseesheep Sun 05-Nov-17 15:57:28

I'm pretty sure it is. One guy was sentenced for that near me just this week. But he could have been up to other 'stuff' and the local rag just focused on that so maybe I'm wrong!

TheGoodEnoughWife Sun 05-Nov-17 15:58:05

That is awful! And in some schools girls aren’t allowed to wear trousers so should they have no choice about not having their knickers filmed?!

mirime Sun 05-Nov-17 16:00:30

I'm speechless. About the judge more than the not being illegal thing as I knew that, but surely it's a bit different if a teacher is doing it to pupils?

sparklyllama Sun 05-Nov-17 16:03:54

Signed..........thank god that at my DDs school they all have to wear trousers!

MissSingerbrains Sun 05-Nov-17 16:11:16

Have signed. This is absolutely shocking!

C0untDucku1a Sun 05-Nov-17 16:11:24

I dont think it is any different. Nobody should be doing it to anybody.

Branleuse Sun 05-Nov-17 16:13:48

link?

Nickynackynoodle Sun 05-Nov-17 16:21:35

@Branleuse “link” is where it says “article here” in blue.

Lazyginger Sun 05-Nov-17 16:22:18

He was done for voyeurism. That's the wrong offence. No wonder he got let off.
He should of been done for outraging public decency contrary to common law.

PerspicaciaTick Sun 05-Nov-17 16:28:33

That judge needs some compulory re-training pronto.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Sun 05-Nov-17 16:29:52

This shocks me. I'm a copper and my colleagues have successfully got a prosecution for up skirting but it was in a public place. I'm amazed the judge rejected his guilty plea.
In another thread I think I read that the same judge also let a pcso convicted of having 100s of images of child abuse walk free with just a 12m community order (although he was unlikely to give jail time, but still seems unduly lenient).
Evidently a dirty fucking bastard.

DJBaggySmalls Sun 05-Nov-17 16:34:08

I think its reasonable for women to expect the area under our clothes to be private. I'd be extremely concerned about a teacher doing this to pupils.
There's a petition to make upskirting illegal. It only has 80 signatures, maybe this thread can help;
www.change.org/p/david-lidington-create-a-uk-law-making-upskirt-photography-illegal

pinkliquorice Sun 05-Nov-17 16:39:14

Children cannot except privacy at school!?
Wtf, that’s just one more thing that makes me hate the British school system and makes me really want to take all my DC out of school.

Hassled Sun 05-Nov-17 16:49:31

That's bloody grim - and gobsmacking; I have to say I had no idea. I hope the petition gets somewhere.

Needadvicetoleave Sun 05-Nov-17 16:52:45

Says a lot about that judge. He needs to give his head a wobble and look at his own moral compass. And yes, I'm assuming that the judge was male.

Popchyk Sun 05-Nov-17 16:53:21

That particular school does not allow trousers for the girls. Of course. Skirts only.

Probably why this man wanted a job there in the first place.

DancingLedge Sun 05-Nov-17 16:56:26

Two different petitions- please sign both of them.

TheBestMamaEver Sun 05-Nov-17 16:59:01

Says a lot about that judge

Lots of judges are scum. Some even involved in the abuse scandal at Dolphin Square.

PerspicaciaTick Sun 05-Nov-17 16:59:59

Judge Warwick McKinnon is definitely male.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Sun 05-Nov-17 17:16:09

Dirty, creepy, perverted men are always going to cover each other's backs. And the school board are just as spineless - too scared to kick him out incase he sues as he's innocent isn't he hmm

And they say we don't need feminism anymore...

Nickynackynoodle Mon 06-Nov-17 11:37:46

Hopefully he’ll get struck off the teachers register. I guess that just moves the problem somewhere else though.

TheStoic Mon 06-Nov-17 11:39:16

Fucking disgusting, OP. Thanks for highlighting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now