Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to convince me that I'm probably not preggers

(19 Posts)
LittlestKnight Sun 05-Nov-17 13:53:06

So, I'm currently breastfeeding my two year old.
Got my period back in June this year, missed July's but August, Sept & Oct have been consistent.
I used bc obviously but know it's not 100%.
I'm 5 days late and panicking. I keep telling myself that by this time last pregnancy I knew something was definitely up and I don't feel that now. but then there's that little mini slap in the face every time I go wee and don't see that af has arrived.
I know exactly what would settle it but I can't get to the shop for a test until mid week at least.
Please humour me. Personal experience or advice is welcome.

Sanoffyhighstepson Sun 05-Nov-17 15:50:35

You need a test. Grab a cheap one from a supermarket. Only way you’ll know!

sweetdreamsaremadeofbees Sun 05-Nov-17 15:51:44

Buy a test hmm

Dippingmytoesin Sun 05-Nov-17 16:01:43

Sorry but I never see the point in these threads.

No one online can tell you if you’re pregnant or not unless we robbed your piss or a blood sample. Buy a test they’re cheap enough.

PinkHeart5914 Sun 05-Nov-17 16:05:38

What protection are you using? If you aren’t bothering to use anything then of course you could be pregnant, if you are protecting yourself then of course you could be pregnant but less likely.

Buy a cheap test when you can, or get your dp/Dh to pick one up for you if he’s able to get out before you and see what it says....

Glumglowworm Sun 05-Nov-17 16:07:06

The only way to stop yourself freaking out is to buy a bloody pregnancy test. Nobody here can tell you anything.

Buy a test. Do the test. Then you'll have your answer.

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Sun 05-Nov-17 16:07:45

You’re not pregnant. I looked inside your uterus and it told me you’re period is going to come tomorrow.

confusedandemployed Sun 05-Nov-17 16:09:18

I never understand why people say they can't buy a test for x number of days. They're available in any supermarket, discount store, pharmacy, most of which are open at least 8-8. Just buy a bloody test.

Bendyandtheinkmachine Sun 05-Nov-17 16:11:39

You could buy a test on amazon prime now and have it tomorrow if you really cannot get to the shop. However if you are that worried I would make a special trip out just for the test.

WineAndTiramisu Sun 05-Nov-17 16:12:16

Or order off Amazon with next day delivery of there's really no shops near you until mid week

SparklyMagpie Sun 05-Nov-17 16:15:16

Buy a test, nobody can tell you

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Sun 05-Nov-17 16:15:22

Either you or your partner could go to the shop right now and you could now in half an hour.

MrsMotherHen Sun 05-Nov-17 16:18:14

Run to a tesco local grab a test.

Parney Sun 05-Nov-17 16:54:46

You need to test! I was late in July, AF never came, also breastfeeding, I’m now 20 weeks pregnant! I had barely any symptoms with DS in the early days but like you knew something was up. This time I couldn’t tell a thing!!

PinkyBlunder Sun 05-Nov-17 17:01:43

Get a test?

And 'preggers' ugh.hmm

LittlestKnight Sun 05-Nov-17 17:20:46

Sorry guys I forgot that all topics on mumsnet are not allowed to be lighthearted in the slightest and everyone must reply wink
Thanks Parney, no symptoms really at all? I've even deliberately cut down on bfing lo to try and bring it on.

Oh an I live rurally and don't have Amazon Prime.

Dippingmytoesin Sun 05-Nov-17 17:42:14

I’m not sure how this counts as lighthearted though hmm you’re asking if you can be pregnant?

Have you had sex? Yes .. therefor there’s a slight possibility.

ColinCreevy Sun 05-Nov-17 17:53:14

I hate these as well. It's entirely pointless, nobody can actually tell you if you are or not. If you've had unprotected sex then yes you could be but you know that.
Also I know some users (not me personally) avoid pregnancy/conception boards so they don't have to read all the nonsense "am I preggers" posts and I don't think AIBU is the appropriate place.

PinkyBlunder Sun 05-Nov-17 17:57:38

Wondering if you're pregnant or not is not a lighthearted matter for a lot of people. Plus it's not an AIBU is it.

Perhaps get your post moved to the pregnancy/conception board where a post like this would be appropriate?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now