Talk

Advanced search

To think this an odd request?

(5 Posts)
MrsOverTheRoad Sun 05-Nov-17 11:39:22

DH's mate has recently had a bit of a mid life crisis...left his wife and got a girlfriend.

Anyway....it's 10.00pm here in Oz on a sunday night and Dh has just had a call from this mate to ask for a lift home.

He and his new girlfriend have been to an all day festival about two miles from where DH and I live (rural) and are a bit pissed...and could DH pick them up and drive them to friend's house (in the city an hour away)

DH said no...he's had a drink...only one but it was large...and he's got work tomorrow and doesn't want to drive an hour there and back.

We can't understand why they hadn't considered how to get home...apparently they tried to call an uber but couldn't get one.

DH told his friend that they should walk to the town nearby...about a mile away...down a country lane but the weather's warm here...and find a pub or cafe open and wait there till there's an uber.

Surely that's what any normal person would do? Why would DH be the default? Were all in our late 40s ffs!

RedHelenB Sun 05-Nov-17 11:41:19

Friends help each other out so not an unreasonable request but of course you can get use.

RedHelenB Sun 05-Nov-17 11:41:33

Refuse I mean

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sun 05-Nov-17 11:41:49

Maybe he didn't want his new gf to realise he was such a douche he didn't make proper arrangements for the night out!! And tried to make himself popular with the 'oh my mate will drop everything to help me' line!!

MrsOverTheRoad Sun 05-Nov-17 11:45:22

SUmmer I thought that but she's an adult woman. She's not a helpless fool....how did they imagine they'd get home really? One of them should have stayed sober...after a big event like this in a very small, rural village, it should be obvious that a cab would be hard to find.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now