Talk

Advanced search

To be furious with DH about dog shit on the carpet

(93 Posts)
lostpurplehoodie Sun 05-Nov-17 10:54:11

I know he didn't do it on purpose but I am fuming right now.

New rug in the sitting room arrived on Wednesday so isn't even a week old. He's decided to go for a run this morning so has got his running shoes from by the front door and instead of sitting on the seat there, putting them on and going out has brought them into the sitting room and put them on sitting on the sofa and has trodden dog shit that he must have run in yesterday into the new, cream rug. He literally walked past every other chair in the house before using the sofa by my nice new rug.

He then attempted to brush it out with the dustpan and brush, which didn't work and he just shoved back under the sink. So I've had to get the carpet shampoo out (and hope it doesn't damage the new rug) and clean up shit, and then disinfect the dustpan and brush and am now in a house that smells faintly of shit wondering how to make the smell go. Whilst he has gone on his fucking run

AIBU to be fucking furious with him for being so stupid to bring his shitty shoes onto the new carpet, make the mess worse and then fuck off out?

PeteAndManu Sun 05-Nov-17 10:55:09

No

Wolfiefan Sun 05-Nov-17 10:55:44

Why didn't you leave it for him to clean up when he got back?

PeteAndManu Sun 05-Nov-17 10:55:45

I’d be furious too. Is he normally like this?

Whisky2014 Sun 05-Nov-17 10:55:57

Em why didn't you get him to clean it up properly?

Sparklingbrook Sun 05-Nov-17 10:56:23

YANBU. Can you go out for the day?

Apocalyptichorsewoman Sun 05-Nov-17 10:56:33

Yanbu.

JigglyTuff Sun 05-Nov-17 10:56:44

Why didn't you shut the door and leave him to clean up the mess when he came back? If you clean up after him, he will carry on treating you like the house skivvy.

I never bring running shoes into the house - they stay in the porch or garage.

JesusTapdancingChrist Sun 05-Nov-17 10:57:27

He walked dog shit into a new cream rug then left you to clean it??

Leave the shitty shoed bastard.

Or at the very least make him buy you a new rug.

SilverSpot Sun 05-Nov-17 11:00:23

How can you think of an adult who gets dog shit on the run and leaves it to you to clean as a ‘partner’.

That’s treating you with contempt - he is above cleaning up dog shit and you are not.

lostpurplehoodie Sun 05-Nov-17 11:01:08

I can smell it through the whole house so I had to start to clean it up - and now the smell won't go away. He knows we don't do running shoes in the house and he has just been a colossal bellend. This is the only bloody rug in the whole place, everywhere else is wooden floors. Why the fuck did he put his running shoes on in the sitting room, on the rug, literally as far as possible as he could get from the door and where his shoes were kept?

And how do I get the stink out?

Whisky2014 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:02:19

You mean how will he get the stink out, surely?

JigglyTuff Sun 05-Nov-17 11:03:19

Go out. Leave a note telling him that you want him to sort out the smell or replace the rug and to text you when he's decided what to do.

DO NOT SORT THIS OUT ANY FURTHER

Wolfiefan Sun 05-Nov-17 11:03:43

No. HE had to clean it up.

LagunaBubbles Sun 05-Nov-17 11:04:40

I presume you said to him don't go out your run until you've cleaned that up, what did he say?

BarbarianMum Sun 05-Nov-17 11:04:53

Dh did this once. Only he was the one to go hire a carpet cleaner and sort it out. Why are you doing it?

A full carpet shampoo w a professional grade machine will sort it btw.

lostpurplehoodie Sun 05-Nov-17 11:06:49

Why am I sorting it out? Because I am not going to sit and stare at/smell a fucking smear of dog shit in my own home for the next hour. Do people really leave disgusting messes just because they didn't make them? It would stink even worse if I left it.

sinceyouask Sun 05-Nov-17 11:07:01

He went on his run without cleaning up the mess? That would make me really cross.

LagunaBubbles Sun 05-Nov-17 11:08:55

I would be cleaning it up if my child had did it accidentally, a grown man who prioritises going out a run rather than dealing with it? No chance.

pleasingone Sun 05-Nov-17 11:11:27

I couldn’t leave it for an hour either.
It’s unacceptable that he has carried on with this plans and left you to deal with it.
FYI biological washing powder is good for neutralising bad smells then disinfectant

BarbarianMum Sun 05-Nov-17 11:11:32

<<Do people really leave disgusting messes just because they didnt make them?>>

I think the point is most people don't have a partner that smears dog shit on the floor then leaves it for his wife to clean up. Or who would put up with it if they tried. Personally I'd go and stay in a hotel before I let dh treat me like that.

Dobopdidoo1 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:12:03

Your DH is an entitled nob.

AfterSchoolWorry Sun 05-Nov-17 11:14:16

If you have any bicarbonate of soda, pour the whole bag over the stain and leave it there for a few days. That'll contain the smell.

Meanwhile hire a professional carpet cleaning company to sort it and make the twat pay.

LadyintheRadiator Sun 05-Nov-17 11:16:28

Put the rug outside for him to deal with?

Cheeseontoastie Sun 05-Nov-17 11:18:13

Eugh yuck would people really leave dog shit on there carpet waiting for the person who done it to get back and clean it?! Wtf wouldn't like to go to some of your homes. I also got the impression the ops partner had gone out before she had a chance to see it. It's a new rug Ofcourse she's gonna clean it. Yanbu op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now