Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to introduce you to my new pet?

(7 Posts)
CupcakeBabaPoo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:15:02

D(ick)Cat brought in a bird this morning. I caught her in the act and the bird is still alive!

I have it cupped in my hands and it’s blinking & breathing. I think it has a poorly leg sad

What do I do? Can I nurse it back to health?

chitofftheshovel Sun 05-Nov-17 10:20:18

Yes you can. It needs minimal stress, possibly a shoe box or similar with bedding in it and a calm environment. What kind of bird is it?

CupcakeBabaPoo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:23:32

Chit - I have no idea what breed it is as it’s just flown off behind my telly! I was trying to take a picture and it was cupped in my hand. It obviously didn’t like being moved. I am just glad it seems ok!

It’s a small brown bird though. I will try and get a photo....

internetCrazies Sun 05-Nov-17 10:28:17

Sorry to say that it's more likely that it won't survive than recover.
Birds, particularly ones that are physically injured die very, very easily of shock.
When I find injured birds then I put them immediately in a dark box and sit the box away from all noise and human interaction. If I open the box later and it immediately flies away? Great. Sadly more often than not they have succumbed to their injuries.

CupcakeBabaPoo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:33:41

Here it is. It’s now under my sofa confused

NewStartAgainReallyThisTime Sun 05-Nov-17 10:37:04

I would get it to a rescue

CupcakeBabaPoo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:38:48

I feel conned! It won’t let me anywhere near it - it’s currently hopping around my living room.

It can’t fly very far but I need to catch it so it can rest and hopefully fly/go to a rescue later.

I did this before with a bird at work - brought it in a box into the office and it then recovered and started flying around. I denied all knowledge blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now