Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to introduce you to my new pet?

(7 Posts)
CupcakeBabaPoo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:15:02

D(ick)Cat brought in a bird this morning. I caught her in the act and the bird is still alive!

I have it cupped in my hands and it’s blinking & breathing. I think it has a poorly leg sad

What do I do? Can I nurse it back to health?

chitofftheshovel Sun 05-Nov-17 10:20:18

Yes you can. It needs minimal stress, possibly a shoe box or similar with bedding in it and a calm environment. What kind of bird is it?

CupcakeBabaPoo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:23:32

Chit - I have no idea what breed it is as it’s just flown off behind my telly! I was trying to take a picture and it was cupped in my hand. It obviously didn’t like being moved. I am just glad it seems ok!

It’s a small brown bird though. I will try and get a photo....

internetCrazies Sun 05-Nov-17 10:28:17

Sorry to say that it's more likely that it won't survive than recover.
Birds, particularly ones that are physically injured die very, very easily of shock.
When I find injured birds then I put them immediately in a dark box and sit the box away from all noise and human interaction. If I open the box later and it immediately flies away? Great. Sadly more often than not they have succumbed to their injuries.

CupcakeBabaPoo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:33:41

Here it is. It’s now under my sofa confused

NewStartAgainReallyThisTime Sun 05-Nov-17 10:37:04

I would get it to a rescue

CupcakeBabaPoo Sun 05-Nov-17 10:38:48

I feel conned! It won’t let me anywhere near it - it’s currently hopping around my living room.

It can’t fly very far but I need to catch it so it can rest and hopefully fly/go to a rescue later.

I did this before with a bird at work - brought it in a box into the office and it then recovered and started flying around. I denied all knowledge blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: