Talk

Advanced search

To be upset friends didn't invite me out?

(183 Posts)
Ilovecoleslaw Sat 04-Nov-17 17:41:29

Gone shopping with my two best friends today which has been planned for a while.
Everything was going fine, normal chit chat until friend 1 mentions she went out last night and that she met a guy. Later on I ask about the guy and whether she took him home to which she said 'No, friend 2 was the only one in my bed last night.' And then says whoops and looks at friend 2.
I say thanks for the invite, where friend 2 doesn't mutter a word and friend 1 says 'well you were driving today'.
Now I'm not sure whether I'm being unreasonable in being upset over it. There's never been a time that I know of where one the three of us hasnt been invited out if the others were. They both knew I was free last night but clearly didn't want me to join them, which I feel really upset about.
The day shopping hasn't felt like we've been together at all. When I've wanted to go into any shops, they've gone into separate ones together, which I'd also wanted to go into, and said for me to go into the ones I want on my own.
I've had problems with both of them in the past and this has really got to me. Problems being friend 1 telling my now partner I was raped before I told him. Friend 2 telling me to get over my miscarriage and hers was worse because hers looked like a baby and mine supposedly didn't.
I really don't have a problem with them doing things together without me, they often go for coffees together etc, but it feels strange that we all planned today together but they didn't want to invite me out last night.
Please give me some advice mumnetters sad

squaresandsquares Sat 04-Nov-17 17:43:59

I don't think I could be friends with someone who says her miscarriage was worse or told Boyf about the rape.
flowers

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sat 04-Nov-17 17:44:24

Are they both single and you aren't? Do they dabble with drugs whilst out and you don't?
3 on a night out is not the same as 2 imo, maybe 1 has an issue needs discussing and don't want to worry you? All sorts of reasons but Yanbu to be pd off.

Ilovecoleslaw Sat 04-Nov-17 17:45:35

They are both single yes, friend 1 does drugs. It's never been a problem before though

LindyHemming Sat 04-Nov-17 17:46:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DillyDilly Sat 04-Nov-17 17:48:05

If you’re still out, I’d disappear to your car and drive home without them.

Embekkisson1 Sat 04-Nov-17 17:48:25

Are you sure they arnt dabbling in a relationship with each other ? The " friend being the only one in her bed " sounds a weird comment to make , as though they are trying to tell you there's more to their relationship than just good friends , and that's why you are feeling quite the outsider .

JoyceDivision Sat 04-Nov-17 17:48:40

They are not friends. Ditch them, they sound like a pair of arseholes. Were you drivingbthem about today? If so looks like you're just serving a purpose to them.

Anecdoche Sat 04-Nov-17 17:50:12

they arent your friends.

sounds like they see you as their taxi driver tbh.

Ilovecoleslaw Sat 04-Nov-17 17:50:34

100% not in any sort of relationship together.
I did drive today yes, to a shopping centre a couple of hours away from us.
I'm currently sat in the car waiting for them because they wanted to get food sad been waiting 25 minutes!

Flowerbot Sat 04-Nov-17 17:51:13

You don’t need friends like this

notacooldad Sat 04-Nov-17 17:51:21

I think it's time you got some new friends!

ImperfectTents Sat 04-Nov-17 17:51:53

Leave!

Ilovecoleslaw Sat 04-Nov-17 17:52:13

I've fallen out with friend 1 so many times over stuff she's done. But they're pretty much my only two friends

AfunaMbatata Sat 04-Nov-17 17:52:53

I think the same as a pp, it sounds like they might be a little fond of each other in a relationship way.

Anecdoche Sat 04-Nov-17 17:53:10

i would serioisly bloody drive off.

they are taking the piss.

why did you not get food with them?

Whatwankeryisthis Sat 04-Nov-17 17:53:49

Oh sweetheart, please ditch them. They aren't your friends.

Anecdoche Sat 04-Nov-17 17:53:52

you keep calling them friends.

their behaviour is not that of friends.

lalliella Sat 04-Nov-17 17:53:58

Are you joking OP? Why are you sitting there? Drive home now!

TaggieRR Sat 04-Nov-17 17:54:57

I'd leave. They're not your friends.

WipsGlitter Sat 04-Nov-17 17:55:06

Drive home in total silence.

Agree you need some new friends.

TheweewitchRoz Sat 04-Nov-17 17:55:06

Drive home - they are absolutely not your friends. Sorry Op. flowers

MagicTapeDispenser Sat 04-Nov-17 17:56:45

They are not your friends. Steer clear, move on and find people who treat you with respect and kindness.

I couldn’t forgive their previous deliberate toxic behaviour regarding the divulging of personal and sensitive information and awarding a quantifying scoring system your miscarriage.

Why on earth would you want to continue a friendship with this gruesome twosome?

Let them rot. Revolting pair of individuals.

squaresandsquares Sat 04-Nov-17 17:57:20

Drive home. Ditch them. Please ditch them. Don't put up with it

aaaaargghhhhelpme Sat 04-Nov-17 17:59:50

Go home now. Don't look back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now