loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think Wheeler Dealers is shit?

(19 Posts)
MycatsaPirate Sat 04-Nov-17 13:55:40

And to wish Ed would sort his hair out?

MycatsaPirate Sat 04-Nov-17 14:24:32

Tell me it's not just my dp that watches this?

Shakey15000 Sat 04-Nov-17 14:32:59

Nope. My DH does also. I can’t stand his “G’wan guv’nor, four graaaand and I’ll shake yer ‘and” hmmangry

elQuintoConyo Sat 04-Nov-17 14:35:12

Dull as ditchwater. But at least they aren't total tools like the top gear group to boot!

ReginaldMolehusband Sat 04-Nov-17 14:37:24

Edd has sorted his hair out, a bit, but he's left the show so your DP might not watch it for much longer. Loved the early stuff but when they started messing about with the format and doing stuff in the US it lost it's innocent appeal for me.
Still find the reruns strangely relaxing though.

OnlyToday Sat 04-Nov-17 14:37:38

I like Wheeler Dealers and I love Eds hair. 😂 I'd love the chance to buy one of the cars from the show.
Not too keen on the other guy though.

BrioAmio Sat 04-Nov-17 14:43:22

Yes the, I flew to America, bought a shell of a car, shipped it home, got a highly skilled mechanical to fix it for free labour and made £500 grates a bit.

I’d happily watch Ed China talk about fixing cars all day, I’d love to be able to do it myself!

RedRosie Sat 04-Nov-17 14:44:34

Just seen Ed! He's at the London-to-Brighton parade in Regent street. grin

scrappydappydoo Sat 04-Nov-17 14:59:18

DH loves it - you can track the different series by how orange Mike is. I had hoped that Ed would join the new Top Gear team when they restarted it - I thought he'd be great doing all fixing up challenges.

Fortybingowings Sat 04-Nov-17 15:01:52

Arggghh. Yes I get subjected to this too. And Car SOS. Also Gas Monkey Garage and Misfit Garage.

AlrightBabby Sat 04-Nov-17 15:26:22

Oh gawd, with 3 petrolheads in the house we have all of those on too, the only relief is Fuzz Townsend from Car SOS, he could sort out my big end any time wink

BoneyBackJefferson Sat 04-Nov-17 15:45:45

From memory isn't this another of the shows that never actually show the car being sold on, just says how much they make for it?

GruffaloPants Sat 04-Nov-17 16:29:49

No, they do show it being sold. Always for a profit - assuming Edd's days of expert garage time are free.
I like it, especially the technical bits.

DopeyDazy Sat 04-Nov-17 16:47:35

just watched the Japan one and he bought one from auction that broke down. Had it towed in and sold it at a big loss smile

MycatsaPirate Sun 05-Nov-17 11:27:36

It's the fact that Mike tries to take all the glory for making £300 profit when in actual fact it's Ed who has been doing all the work while Mike is just a sleazy salesman. I always think he'd be one of those guys on the high street trying to flog you a Sky broadband deal.

We are having a break from Wheeler Dealers today, we have something on about WW1.

maggienolia Sun 05-Nov-17 15:12:16

Sorry but Ed is hot!! He can finger my sprockets any time. grin

MadisonAvenue Sun 05-Nov-17 15:15:27

Wheeler bastard Dealers is the first thing my husband looks for when he switches the TV on after work. I have no interest in cars and can't stand Mike. I swear he's Dawn French in disguise.

LazyDailyMailJournos Sun 05-Nov-17 15:21:56

Love Edd China - he's brilliant. It's a great show for walking you through how to do stuff. The whole 'buy and sell at a profit' is bollocks though. Edd's labour is never factored in and Mike Brewer is always happy to flog the car on for approximately 50p more than he paid for it.

The new production company didn't want to spend all the time and money involved in filming the 'work' elements though, which is why Edd's left. A pity, because it's really interesting to see how things work.

ticketytock1 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:57:57

Yabu
Ed is a complete legend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now