Get something out of my car... WOOF WOOF WOOF
Shout something to someone in the next room... WOOF WOOF WOOF
Use a chopping board... WOOF WOOF WOOF
Get post... WOOF WOOF WOOF
Any car pulling up outside... WOOF WOOF WOOF
Put the tv on... WOOF FUCKING WOOF

Can't take it anymore

User452734838 Sat 04-Nov-17 10:11:56

It must be really annoying for you. I'm not sure what you can do about this. Do the owners know how much they bark?

MyKingdomForBrie Sat 04-Nov-17 10:12:43

That’s more than annoying, that’s actually inhumane torture. I genuinely couldn’t cope with it. Can you move?!

DJBaggySmalls Sat 04-Nov-17 10:15:43

In most cities theres a limit to how many dogs you can have without a breeders licence, so find out which Council department deals with the licences and start there. If the yard or bin smells, contact the Environmental Health, and while you're there talk to them about the noise problem.

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sat 04-Nov-17 10:15:48

I find shouting shut up really loud from a window often helps!
(did on holiday when selfish prick 'neighbours' let their 4 dogs out at 7am every day after leaving them barking from 6-midnight every night)
Contact the council - not just for council tenant property complaints.. And environmental health

Dauphinoise Sat 04-Nov-17 10:16:36

How long have you lived with this? I couldn't cope with it either. We lived next door to someone who had two constantly yappy dogs. And then her mum used to come over every day with her two constantly yappy dogs. The 4 dogs just yapped and fought all day long. DS is also phobic of dogs after being attacked by one so it was a constant source of stress for him. So we moved.

cakeymccakington Sat 04-Nov-17 10:17:37

If it's constant you can contact environmental health about it.
Might be worth talking to neighbour first
though

Areyoufree Sat 04-Nov-17 10:20:06

You might want to reword your title...

That does sound insane though. Not entirely sure what you can do, other than move. You have my sympathies.

Mustang27 Sat 04-Nov-17 10:22:39

I’m with @Areyoufree I was a bit shock until I read your post.

Cheeseontoastie Sat 04-Nov-17 10:24:37

Lol at the title.

Anyway yeh that would drive me mad my neighbour only has one and it's constant barking is extremely irritating.

sayyouwill Sat 04-Nov-17 10:26:21

I genuinely thought this was going to be about your neighbour committing beastiality.

AboutAGallonofDietCoke Sat 04-Nov-17 10:30:31

YANBU
My neighbour has a rescue that barks occasionally as he has problems with separation, she always apologises and with a new born and a three year old I can’t complain! What inconsiderate arseholes you must have next door.... why 4 ffs..unreasonable and grim unless you live on a farm with tons of land - Eurgh

Oysterbabe Sat 04-Nov-17 10:32:54

Fucking one dog is too many imo.

missyB1 Sat 04-Nov-17 10:35:51

Five dogs in a built up residential area shouldn't be allowed!
In a rural area where the owner has a bit of land then obviously no problem. They sound like selfish people, and I wonder if the dogs are happy if there's so much barking going on.

Contact the council to see what can be done, there are rules about noise etc..

Hoppinggreen Sat 04-Nov-17 10:38:16

I was slightly tempted to reply with
"Is he?" But then I read the post properly and felt sorry for OP

Mishappening Sat 04-Nov-17 10:39:34

This would have me screaming from the rooftops - council need contacting.

StaplesCorner Sat 04-Nov-17 10:39:44

So lets just set aside the thread title for now, and ask have you spoken to neighbours? How long has this been going on? Have you spoken to the local authority?

Chewbecca Sat 04-Nov-17 10:41:46

My friend has 3 dogs who like to bark & she wants to get another.

I have said I feel sorry for her neighbours & her answer is just 'well they're dogs, dogs bark, get over it'.

There is nothing you will do to change her viewpoint on this & I don't think the council will take any action either.

I honestly think moving is the only option.

butterfly56 Sat 04-Nov-17 10:45:02

Have you looked into something like this device OP?

www.eurobarkcontrol.com/index.htm

There are various types on the market to stop neighbours dogs barking.
There some good testimonials on this site

PerryPerryThePlatypus Sat 04-Nov-17 10:45:44

Do you live on my road? My neighbour is the same, five Jack Russell who do nothing but bark if I so much as yawn loudly.

fairgame84 Sat 04-Nov-17 10:47:00

I feel your pain OP. My neighbour has 2 dogs like this. Luckily were not attached to them so we get a bit of a break.
If it weren't for the fact that they are lovely neighbours and acknowledge that there is a problem then I would have reported them. Apparently the vet has advised them to get a behaviourist but they can't because they work full time.
Luckily my dog never barks. He likes to lay in the garden their dogs are going crazy and mine just lays there wondering what the fuss is.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sat 04-Nov-17 10:51:47

Ugh, kill the neighbours. I'll give you an alibi.

Dahlietta Sat 04-Nov-17 10:54:34

There is nothing you will do to change her viewpoint on this

That isn't necessarily true. We lived next door to some dogs like this and it frequently drove me to tears, it was so intrusive. Eventually we plucked up the courage to speak to the neighbour. She was mortified! She put all sorts of measures in place to improve the situation and it was so much better. I know your neighbour might not be so lovely, but they might genuinely not know that their dogs are like this when they're out.

StaplesCorner Sat 04-Nov-17 10:54:44

butterfly that is disgusting - you are then punishing ALL dogs within earshot for doing something that comes naturally. This gives a real review of these devices:

awesomedogs.blog/2013/08/31/crisis-of-conscience-ultrasonic/

The OP hasn't told us anything they have done to try to sort things out; maybe the dogs are being ill-treated, left alone for hours, you have no idea. (Although clearly people who recommend this sort of thing don't care in the first place). My local authority has a good dog warden and he comes out to advise on dog nuisance; in our area a dog must bark regularly for at least 20 minutes for it to be considered a nuisance; he leaves a recording device with the complainant so that if it can be recorded the council can start action.

Nancy91 Sat 04-Nov-17 10:56:54

Call your local council about noise pollution. Don't use one of those inhumane devices that hurt the dogs ears when they bark sad also don't shout shut up at them as it will encourage them to bark even more.

It's the owners that are being selfish dicks here. The majority of dogs don't bark all that much, sounds like those dogs are bored and there are too many for the owner to effectively train.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now