Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your eyeshadow recommendations

(44 Posts)
isthismummy Sat 04-Nov-17 08:30:17

I'm fed up with not being able to find suitable eye shadows and could really use some recommendations.

I'm looking for neutral colours (browns, greys etc) but I also quite like the odd purple and pink (I'm just so crazy these dayswink) I want something that blends well, lasts and isn't full of shimmer. It seems almost impossible to find genuinely matte eyeshadow these days. Every pallet seems to be full of glittery shades. Don't get me wrong; I love a bit of glitter. I'm pushing 39 though, so really could do with some more restrained shades as well smile

chuggabo Sat 04-Nov-17 08:41:53

I would advise having a look on TAM Beauty. They have tons of pallets as neutral or as crazy as you like. Their innocence pallet has lovely matte shades that blend nicely.

midnightmisssuki Sat 04-Nov-17 08:44:50

The ABH palattes are beautiful - modern renaissance is a cult classic. Have oh looked at morphe? Reasonably priced and good quality too. Tart do a few but are all quite neutral and browny. Huda Beauty have a couple out and are lovely - but expensive.

midnightmisssuki Sat 04-Nov-17 08:45:42

Sorry just seen you've wanted matte / look at Morphe - they have totally matte palettes.

EZA15 Sat 04-Nov-17 08:47:44

Depends what your budget is? For the lower end I like the E.L.F. palettes which are sold online but come from America if you can be bothered waiting. Alternatively, they are exclusive to Superdrug’s in the U.K. but don’t find the range as extensive as online. If it’s the higher range I love Urban Decay and Clinique they do good palettes. No. 7 have got some in the Boots Christmas gifts at the moment?

catlover1987 Sat 04-Nov-17 08:50:22

I love my Mac warm neutrals palette. It was expensive but I use it every single day so definitely worth it.

isthismummy Sat 04-Nov-17 08:53:41

I don't mind splashing out for something nice. Thank you for the recommendations. I'm rushing to google them now🙂

Branleuse Sat 04-Nov-17 08:56:47

SEPHORA

isthismummy Sat 04-Nov-17 08:59:36

The Huda Beauty palettes look gorgeous. The Rose Gold one is so beautiful. ABH looks fab as well.

catlover You can't go wrong with Mac. All my make up was Mac in the distant past when I had no bills to paygrin

isthismummy Sat 04-Nov-17 09:03:03

Sephora is amazing. Where has it been all my life?

PurpleDaisies Sat 04-Nov-17 09:05:46

Bobbi Brown. You can get a holder and choose your own shades.

gonnabreakmyrustycage Sat 04-Nov-17 09:08:28

Can't believe no one has mentioned the urban decay naked palettes!
The naked heat is dreamy. If you want greys too go for the original naked.
Kat von D's palette shade and light (I think that's its name) is great and vegan/cruelty free.

girlinamber Sat 04-Nov-17 09:11:42

Boots have a section of individual shades that you can put in a holder. They are about two pounds per shadow and big too. They also have highlighters and blush.

isthismummy Sat 04-Nov-17 09:14:35

Kat Von D stuff looks lovely. Even better if it's cruelty free🙂

Sailorjerrycherry Sat 04-Nov-17 09:18:11

Another one for Morphe pallets. Amazing range of colours and highly pigmented. I have a lot more expensive pallets like Huda & ABH and Morphe is my go to. They were 30% off on beauty bay on Thursday - not sure if it’s still running but even at regular price they’re about £22 for a 35 colour pallet.

IggyAce Sat 04-Nov-17 09:18:42

Have a look at MUA at superdrug they do Matt and glitter pallets, colour has great pigmentation. I got one after a recommendation on MN and was impressed even better was about £4.

kmc1111 Sat 04-Nov-17 09:21:02

If you want matte, Kat Von D is great. Her large Shade & Light palette is great for neutrals, and she has a purple Shade & Light quad too.

If you're willing to spend quite a bit, Viseart is just fantastic. They have some all matte neutral palettes and all matte colourful palettes. They also have some shimmer palettes that aren't at all in your face shiny or glittery.

violetbunny Sat 04-Nov-17 09:26:10

The Smashbox Photo Mattes eyeshadow palette is quite good - very good selection of neutral colours.
And Bobbi Brown do great mattes as someone previously posted.

Commuterface Sat 04-Nov-17 09:30:26

Urban Decay Eyeshadows are the best I have ever used. I’ve been using them for 15 years. The Naked palettes are what you are looking for. I also like Smashbox and Estée Lauder. I find Mac can be a bit ‘muddy’ and difficult to blend.

isthismummy Sat 04-Nov-17 09:30:50

Omg, the Kat Von D Saint and Sinner paletteshockshock

See this is my problem. I think I want grown up lady neutrals, but really I'm yearning for outrageous colour and sparklegrin

Thank you for all the fab recommendations. Poor DH is going to wonder why there's no money left in the joint accountgrin

isthismummy Sat 04-Nov-17 09:31:39

I used to use Urban Decay a lot Commuterface It might be time for a revisit...

Topsyloulou Sat 04-Nov-17 09:35:31

Another vote for urban decay naked pallet. I use mine daily. Good selection of matte neutrals for day & a couple of glittery ones for evening, I wear one of them in the day too. You can also make your own pallets up with the shades you like.

fruityb Sat 04-Nov-17 09:37:58

Another for Urban Decay Naked palettes. I wear eyeshadow every day and have done for years and these are the first I have used that haven’t creased! They’re as good as they appear. They’re pricey but I was bought one for my birthday in June and have used some colours almost daily and am yet to see metal show through the bottom! They’re really nice and easy to blend. I have the smokey one.

TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 04-Nov-17 09:43:52

I have UD Naked2 and UD ultimate basics. UDN2 has sparkly but not too much so you can wear them daytime.
The ultimate basics has a couple of lovely deep shades, a spicy almost copper and a burgundy which is very flattering. It's mainly matte with one pale brow highlighter which has a subtle shimmer. Got it last Christmas, I've used it everyday sone I think!

TheMasterNotMargarita Sat 04-Nov-17 09:44:22

*since

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now