Talk

Advanced search

To put an almost naked photo of myself on the fridge?

(20 Posts)
NapQueen Fri 03-Nov-17 21:57:06

Only slightly joking.

Im very short and really quite fat. Clothed I can appear not too bad but remove those clothes and it looks like Jabba the Hutt has set up camp under my bra.

I vaguely hoped that at some point the balance would tip from "meh I dont care enough quite yet" to "ok I need to take action".

I know what to do. Eat less. Move more. I know what a healthy diet is. Less crap fats and white carbs, more protein veg etc. I know I need to do this for my bodys health. I know I need to do this for my kids.

However I am so far down the list of priorities and so so so tired from FT work and two small dcs.

I miss being comfortable. And I miss the waistband of my knickers which has disappeared daily under the Belly since i dont know when.

I hate being fat. And I have tried. And I need to try again. But I am so incredibly shit at it.

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Nov-17 21:59:18

Yes I hear you. I lost load if weight a few years ago and it's creeping back up. I'm still way under what I was but I no longer feel good about myself sad I cam do it, I'm just choosing not to for some reason. Chocolate tastes too good.

cheminotte Fri 03-Nov-17 22:01:06

If that's what it takes, then do it.

NapQueen Fri 03-Nov-17 22:02:42

For me its carbs. I could happily eat a lasagne and garlic bread every evening. After a lunch of sandwiches and crisps.

My job is sedentary, though I am going to start walking again to work (1hr with half of it uphill).

I wonder if i printed a pic of me from the neck down in underwear and carried it with me like a talisman it may motivate me.

Who the fuck knows. Nowt else worked.

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Nov-17 22:04:26

Well we could swap (for some reason sending a naked picture of myself to a random on the interner doesnt bother me)
Then you'd get shock value without potentkal embarrassment value if someone saw - you'd just deny all knowledge.
My knickers don't fit either sad

stopfuckingshoutingatme Fri 03-Nov-17 22:05:53

Do it black and white and cut your head out grin

NapQueen Fri 03-Nov-17 22:07:17

Hehe well i may keep that offer in mind.

Dh doesnt care. Or if he does he doesnt say anything. Which is half nice and half not.

I always think to myself "yeah but Im not that fat" which is utter fucking bollocks because I am.

NapQueen Fri 03-Nov-17 22:08:20

stop it would deffo be a shoulders down shot. I have stretchmarks from two pregnancies and they have a sort of blue hue to them.

Sexy as hell me.

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Nov-17 22:09:22

Tbh it has to click for me. I ha e to feel the fear and I have to have the time to exercise. And I'm not there yet sad
Just for the recording am not in the habit of sending naked photos to Internet randoms. Only when they ask nicely.

FizzyGreenWater Fri 03-Nov-17 22:11:55

Lol at denying all knowledge.

'Omg who is that a picture of on your fridge?! The person in underwear? Wtf?!'

'Who? What! How did that get there. I've never seen that person before in my life.'

grin

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Nov-17 22:12:32

I lost my purse and they took all my cash and left me this!

BlessYourCottonSocks Fri 03-Nov-17 22:12:43

Oh here are my people!

Funnily enough I was idly thinking the same about myself this week - and wondering if a photo of me in bra and pants would traumatise the children if I stuck it up all over the house to keep pointing out to myself HOW fat I now am.

I am startled to catch sight of myself in mirrors because when I look down I look ok...a bit overweight, but not bad. And then I look at myself properly and realise I'm actually VERY overweight. My problem is that I was always thin in my youth - and in my head I still am.

I'm really not.

NapQueen Fri 03-Nov-17 22:13:13

grin Imagine it falling out at work! Whoops what the heck is that??

didnthappeninmyday Fri 03-Nov-17 22:13:55

How about a photo of yourself when you were slimmer , so it’s a reminder of what to aim for rather than the shock of what you are now.

I’m still in denial and believe that all my clothes have shrunk and I can get rid of the belly with a few sit ups 🤷‍♀️

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Nov-17 22:14:04

When I lost weight I was very alarmed to feel some lumps on my sides
They were my hips. Don't worry, I've sorted the problem now.

lalliella Fri 03-Nov-17 22:26:26

Why don’t you put a picture of you on your fridge from when you liked what you looked like, as an incentive to get there again? It is difficult, I feel your pain. Remember, 90% of weight loss is in the mind. Good luck flowers

stopfuckingshoutingatme Fri 03-Nov-17 22:56:24

The black and white would cut out the blue lines ! Do it and let me know

My problem is work snacking so the photo is a NO GO grin

Nectarines Fri 03-Nov-17 23:05:27

I think all you’d achieve with a ‘fat’ photo is a cycle of self loathing and comforting with food.

It would be much more positive to love your body as it is and therefore want to make it better. I agree with pics of yourself at a weight where you felt comfortable.

It’s a struggle, I know, but it’s not worth shaming yourself.

RedastheRose Sat 04-Nov-17 00:09:39

It really is 90% food and only 10 % exercise. For years I tried to train my way slim but it was only by cutting down the volume of food I was eating that worked in the end. It is annoying but you have to accept that for a couple of weeks (for me it was approximately 2 1/2 weeks) you will feel hungry. You will have an empty feeling and will want to eat more. If you can tough it out and know that it only takes a couple of weeks for your stomach to shrink and get used to a smaller volume of food then you will lose weight. It's a sod but it really does come down to willpower.

NapQueen Sat 04-Nov-17 09:49:23

I definetly need to feel hunger.

Just had a fleeting "ooo I will make a brew and a bacon sarnie for breakfast" then clicked it is shit like this that is making me look like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now