Talk

Advanced search

That 2nd November is too early for Santa

(9 Posts)
MexicanBob Thu 02-Nov-17 21:18:00

Just been into our local market town. There's bloody Santa in the main shopping street ringing a damn bell and going "Ho-ho-ho". Surely this is way too early.

Whatsername17 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:23:34

I love Christmas and everything about it. However, it is way too early for Santa! Dec 1st yes, but November? No!

thelastredwinegum Thu 02-Nov-17 21:24:17

YANBU

There are 12 days of Christmas, none of which are in November.

Maya12 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:25:47

Definitely too early for me! It's only All Souls today. Then bonfire night, Rememberance Sunday, and then I can slowly start gearing up for advent and 4 weeks of waiting and getting presents. Hohoho for 8 weeks for me destroys the magic of Christmas - what's the rush...

Inkandbone Thu 02-Nov-17 21:41:31

yanbu

Not even had bonfire night yet!

LivingDeadGirlUK Thu 02-Nov-17 21:41:36

In Manchester they combine the Christmas light switch on with bonfire night, I guess to save on event costs! It always seemed too early when I worked in town because it was just Christmas in your face for 2 months but it's not so bad if you aren't in town all the time.

They had mince pies in one of the supermarkets around this time last year, there was a lady with a table giving out samples on the way in. It was however allegedly too early for them to have brandy butter in so I did not buy any.

Musicaltheatremum Thu 02-Nov-17 21:50:42

Livingdead, I was shocked at that. It's so early. My daughter is in Little Women at the hope mill theatre and is performing at the "lights on" event. I couldn't believe it was Christmas lights

LivingDeadGirlUK Thu 02-Nov-17 21:54:41

It's the shop workers I feel sorry for, probably under pressure to crack out the Christmas music from light switch on day :P

WinnieTheW0rm Thu 02-Nov-17 22:04:47

Before Remembrance Day is just wrong.

Before Advent Sunday (which can fall at the very end of Vovember some years) is still a bit tacky for big Christmas events/appearances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now