Talk

Advanced search

To be shocked that Donald Trump wrote that terrorist suspect 'deserves the death penalty'?

(9 Posts)
Livingtothefull Thu 02-Nov-17 21:00:28

I want to be clear that I have no time or sympathy for terrorists, and was horrified by what has happened to innocent people in NYC. I think that those who are found guilty of terrorist acts should face harsh punishment.

However I thought that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. In the light of that how can Trump's statement that the chief suspect be executed be justified? I think it is shameful frankly…how is the suspect supposed to get a fair trial now that the most powerful person in the US - the Head of State no less - has said at the outset that he is guilty and should be killed? I think that this is scandalous and shocking.

Link:

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/02/new-york-attack-suspect-death-penalty-trump

Vinoblancorosso Thu 02-Nov-17 21:08:42

YABVU to be shocked at anything that Donald Trump says

DJBaggySmalls Thu 02-Nov-17 21:09:57

Remember he told the police to bang the suspects head against the car as they put them in?

TieGrr Thu 02-Nov-17 21:10:03

YABU to expect anything remotely calm or measured from that orange egomaniac.

SwedishEdith Thu 02-Nov-17 21:13:28

You have to be really naive or to not have been paying attention if this behaviour shocks you. His whole MO is firing up his supporters and encouraging hate and division. And now, add in, distracting from the Mueller investigation.

Corcory Thu 02-Nov-17 21:53:28

Bit of a difference to his attitude toward the Las Vegas shooter! He was obviously mentally ill of course! But then he was a white middle aged, middle class man!
He really is such an idiot not to realise that if he says these things it can jeopardize the whole legal process.

Ruthlessrooster Fri 03-Nov-17 15:17:51

I suspect that Trump's reticence to call for the death penalty for the Las Vegas shooter had less to do with the fact that he was a white middle class man, and more to do with the fact that he was already dead...

Glumglowworm Fri 03-Nov-17 15:19:40

YABU to be shocked by anything that vile man says

YANBU to think it's a fucking disgrace

Ta1kinPeece Fri 03-Nov-17 15:45:23

I'm shocked that the police did not shoot the guy dead TBH
its what they normally do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now