Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any dentists around unsure what to do about dd's tooth

(12 Posts)
CupcakesForBreakfast Thu 02-Nov-17 16:29:56

Sorry posting here shamelessly for traffic.
Dd had an infection under a baby tooth at the beginning of the week which only became obvious after the tooth lifted as it was loose. No obvious problems with any of her teeth at her last check up less than 2 months ago.
Took her to the dentist as her adult tooth was growing in the space and pus was draining from the hole where the baby tooth had come out. Dentist said give it a week if it's no better to cone back but it just seems to be getting worse.
She wasn't given any antibiotics and was told it should be fine but I'm worried about the new adult tooth that is erupting. I've just squeezed around the new tooth and pus drained from around it.
Aibu to go back the dentist so soon? I don't want it to get worse over the weekend.

marcopront Thu 02-Nov-17 16:39:47

When did you see the dentist?

araiwa Thu 02-Nov-17 16:41:56

go back to the dentist confused

CupcakesForBreakfast Thu 02-Nov-17 16:47:21

Saw the dentist on Tuesday

CupcakesForBreakfast Thu 02-Nov-17 17:28:48

They did say give it a week but I'm just not sure I'm happy to leave it that long

Fairylea Thu 02-Nov-17 17:31:06

I think if pus is coming out if it then I would be inclined to try and take her back tomorrow.

CupcakesForBreakfast Thu 02-Nov-17 17:32:22

They saw the pus on Tues and just said it would drain but I think she maybe need antibiotics or something? I'll call in the morning.

Whitecurrants Thu 02-Nov-17 17:32:47

I would go straight back to the dentist or to a doctor

Allthewaves Thu 02-Nov-17 18:53:56

If it's draining and there's no pain or swelling, then i'd wait

soundsgreektome Thu 02-Nov-17 18:56:14

The pus/infection won’t affect the new tooth, and as soon as the baby tooth is out it should all clear up. Unless she’s not in pain or it gets worse I wouldn’t take her back.

CupcakesForBreakfast Fri 03-Nov-17 10:03:32

Thanks everyone. It seems to have stopped draining today and tge gum.has returned to a nice pink colour and looks much healthier.

Jackreacherswife Fri 03-Nov-17 21:36:57

Best thing would be to rinse with warm salt water frequently if she can't tolerate the salt warm water will help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now