Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To tell my sister she is worrying unnecessarily?

(11 Posts)
Sienna333 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:48:06

She works two jobs, one at a nursery and another as a housekeeper/sitter for a family. She has it in her head that she will be fired soon from the second job as she doesn't think she is appreciated or really needed anymore.
Her boss texted her and asked what the situation was with her first job as she could see the nursery boarded up (It is having maintenance done on it but sister is still working there in another part of the building. ) The text said "I can see the nursery has been boarded up, how does this affect your job?" This has then
led to my sister feeling majorily worried that this is her bosses way of getting rid of her. I told her she is being unreasonable and the text was no doubt just out of curiosity but she thinks different.

Idontevencareanymore Thu 02-Nov-17 15:50:54

I'd have thought they were asking if she could work more hours, not that they're going to let her go.
So yes it's possible she's worrying needlessly.

SloeSloeQuickQuickGin Thu 02-Nov-17 15:52:21

No one can second guess what your sisters 2nd employer may or may not be thinking. I'd suggest she asks him instead of worrying herself into a frenzy over a question, which may mean (a) he wants her to do extra hours (b) he's just very nosey (c) he's thinking about letting her go but now feels guilty incase shes consigned to complete unemployment.

I'm thinking (b) myself.

Needadvicetoleave Thu 02-Nov-17 15:54:06

I'd have thought the same as idonteven so actually, it's the opposite of what you sister is thinking.

Is she usually and anxious person?

Sienna333 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:55:45

No she isn't normally, she is the opposite to me. She is just worried about money right now I think

bigbluebus Thu 02-Nov-17 16:03:23

Years ago I employed a nanny for 2 days a week. She had another job for the other 3 days. Her other job changed a number of times over the 4 1/2 years I employed her and I lived in constant fear of her taking on a single full time role each time her other role changed. Fortunately she always found new employment to fit around her hours with me.

Maybe her employer is just worried that the nursery job has ended and wondering if this will impact on her hours if your sister gets a new job.

nosleepforme Thu 02-Nov-17 16:16:37

i agree, sounds like they are wanting her for more hours or very much want to keep her but are worried that she is taking on a new job which means that she might not be able to keep her hours with them.
i would feel quite wanted!!!
maybe tell your sister about how people reacted on this thread. the opinion of many may calm her

nosleepforme Thu 02-Nov-17 16:17:06

very sweet of you to care about your sister so much, op x

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Thu 02-Nov-17 16:20:06

I'm struggling to understand how she can infer that she might get sacked from second job, because boss called her to ask a question about the nursery being boarded up...? So yes, I think she is worrying unnecessarily.

Sienna333 Thu 02-Nov-17 17:14:05

I will show her this thread, thank you. I am sure it will help reassure her and it always helps to get an outsiders view x

missymayhemsmum Thu 02-Nov-17 21:23:51

If there's any inference I'd have thought it might be that he's worried he might lose her! (ie if she has to look for another job due to nursery closing down)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now