Talk

Advanced search

To go to bed in the day?

(102 Posts)
Inkandbone Thu 02-Nov-17 15:15:06

-i am just wondering if I am.

Dh HATES it. He doesn't mind me having a lie down but thinks I should have a blanket on the sofa, not go to bed.

Says it's lazy and snobby?

So I'll ask here ... wink

Aquamarine1029 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:17:25

I'd tell your husband to mind his own damn business. You can sleep in your bed any time you want to.

OuchBollocks Thu 02-Nov-17 15:18:17

Wtf is he on about?? Lazy - well wherever you lie down, you're not being active, bed ir sofa. Snobby? For lying down on furniture whose primary purpose is for lying on? Your DH makes no sense.

BankWadger Thu 02-Nov-17 15:18:34

YANBU

LloydColeandtheCoconuts Thu 02-Nov-17 15:19:25

Call me lazy and a snob then! wink

I will always support anyone’s decision to go to bed during the day. I’m on mat leave so could potentially do it too. It’s wonderfully decadent! What does your DH know?!grin

Moanyoldcow Thu 02-Nov-17 15:19:25

I adore a daytime nap - currently pregnant and always go back to bed if I need to.

YANBU.

SezziBaybee Thu 02-Nov-17 15:19:51

YANBU. I went to bed this morning after school run and I’m not even remotely sorry.

Inkandbone Thu 02-Nov-17 15:20:26

Slobby that should have been. He's around the house more at the moment and he's driving me bloody MAD

harlandgoddard Thu 02-Nov-17 15:20:56

Why not? It’s not like your being any less lazy by sitting on the sofa. I assume you meant slobby?

I never nap but I always lay in bed if I can.

Ipitythescale Thu 02-Nov-17 15:21:09

I am currently in bed feeling sorry for myself (cramps from hell). Not one bit sorry grin

Cockmagic Thu 02-Nov-17 15:23:38

I work odd shift patterns. I'm now off til Monday, dd at school so I've been going to bed 9-2.30. It's been lovely.

Dd also away at the weekend with gp so I'll probably spend the weekend in bed watching netflix.

Love it!

cathyclown Thu 02-Nov-17 15:23:48

Go to bed if you wish OP.

I do it now and then, especially when it's grey skies, wind and rain outside. Lovely really.

The only time I would be concerned is if there is a pattern that indicates depression or something like that.

But if you feel like it, go for it!

flimflaminurjams Thu 02-Nov-17 15:25:51

Go to bed.

Bed is ace. I need no excuse. I love my bed.

Sofas are usually cr@p for sleeping on anyway, end up with a crick in your neck.

OuchBollocks Thu 02-Nov-17 15:28:16

Looks more tidy having a lying down person tucked away in bed not on the sofa getting the cushions messed up.

PandorasXbox Thu 02-Nov-17 15:28:21

It’s fine if that’s what you prefer. I like the sofa and blanket personally, going to bed in the day feels odd to me, like I’m ill or something.

I’d have thought your DH would rather you have a nap out of his way surely?

FreddieFazzbear Thu 02-Nov-17 15:29:47

Well I'm a lazy snob then grin however I work nights, so technically daytime is my night time wink

LEMtheoriginal Thu 02-Nov-17 15:31:50

I actually can't sleep in my bed during the day. I can fall asleep in seconds on the sofa but I just can't in bed. But yanbu

ShotsFired Thu 02-Nov-17 15:40:25

Daytime bed is one of life's most excellent luxuries!

He's being an idiot. Enjoy your nap!

butterfly56 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:41:24

YANBU!
This is one of the reasons I now live on my own. I no longer having a nagging, judgemental, moaning old fart giving me grief for the slightest normal thing! grin

FacelikeaBagofHammers Thu 02-Nov-17 15:44:44

What is the point in being an adult if you can't get into bed when you want!

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Thu 02-Nov-17 15:45:36

I've had an afternoon nap today, and I went to bed. I can't use the sofa as the dog would want to snuggle into me, then she would wiggle about and I wouldn't be able to sleep.

So you could always get a dog and use that as an excusehmm

NameChangeFamousFolk Thu 02-Nov-17 15:45:42

I hate taking naps with a passion but I couldn't give two hoots if DH does. Going to bed is much better - lying on the sofa looks really messy grin

Inkandbone Thu 02-Nov-17 15:47:22

Tempting, butterfly!

NowApparently Thu 02-Nov-17 15:48:51

Amen to daytime bed being a luxury! It's literally my favourite thing to do right now (though I am 34 weeks pregnant with awful SPD so my options are limited). My two little dogs and I curl up and watch endless Netflix.

ArcheryAnnie Thu 02-Nov-17 15:49:01

Going to bed in the daytime is the absolute best, when you can manage it. You do it if you want to, and your DH can bugger off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now