Talk

Advanced search

Annoyed with halifax..

(6 Posts)
Cheeseontoastie Thu 02-Nov-17 10:00:57

Had a bank card that was slightly cracked so contactless wasn't working but chip and pin was. Ordered a new one and was told I could keep the old one open for 30 days whilst I wait for the new one, so I'm not left without a card. Use it all fine the new one comes and I kept the old one in the drawer. Anyway I lost the new one yesterday completely my fault I accept that. I called halifax yesterday explained I lost the new card can they please cancel it and allow me to still use the old one as the 30 days aren't up. They said that would be completely fine and even told me to give them the last 4 digits to make sure it was the right card left open. They told me they will cancel the new one I lost and keep the old one open. She even worked out how many days I had left to use it which was 7. Anyway I go out collect my kids from school get the bus to the town centre using the old card and even make a purchase in a shop. Second shop I go in it's blocked. Go to 3 different cash machines all blocked. Run to the bank literally get in just as they are closing the doors. Managed to take some cash out but had to walk home whch was 40 minutes with 4 children as I'm in london and no buses take cash. Only one Oyster card shop who said they had ran out. I called the bank who said I can only withdraw £50 a day which isn't helpful when you have gas/electric/food shopping to do. Aibu to be annoyed?

DontKnowWhatToDo123 Thu 02-Nov-17 10:06:24

Cant they unblock it?

Have they said why you can only take £50 out? if needs b could you go into branch and to the counter and take more out?

I would be annoyed too... did they cancel the wrong card? in which case you need to make sure they have cancelled the other card which you have lost.

Cheeseontoastie Thu 02-Nov-17 10:09:08

I'm not sure what happened. The bank kept my card yesterday when I got there. Good point about the other card I will call to make sure they've cancelled it. The joke was I read the number of the card out that I had to her to keep open. Yes bank said I can only take out £50 a day. I have gas and electric to buy as I'm low and food shopping. I imagine I won't get my new card till next week now!

Cheeseontoastie Thu 02-Nov-17 13:30:02

Yep seems they've cancelled the old one and left the new one open despite me reading them the card number. Anyone could have found it and used it! When I tried to complain as I'm sure the call must have been recorded they acted like they couldn't see the problem.

WhiteHartLane Thu 02-Nov-17 14:29:19

If you have no photo id the halifax are only allowed to let you have 50.00 per day. If you have passport/driving licence they should allow you to withdraw upto 300.00 per day at a branch.
Understandable why they do the above but very frustrating when you have bills/shopping etc. Especially when the fault is with the bank!

Cheeseontoastie Thu 02-Nov-17 14:47:09

Oh really that's good to hear! I didn't have my passport with me when I went to the bank as I don't carry it around so must be why I was only allowed £50. Will take it down there tommorow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now