Advanced search

to wear a soft bra in bed?

(56 Posts)
Gladstone123 Wed 01-Nov-17 13:18:57

Have recently noticed that my boobs feel very 'heavy' when I take my bra off and put my pj's on at night. Its not a comfortable feeling, and I'm wondering if I should maybe start to have some support at night. I'm a 34DD and 45 now so naturally things are starting to 'ahem' go south. Anyone else noticed this and if so what kind of bra would you suggest?

YouStoleTheBowlFromTheRoom Wed 01-Nov-17 13:20:53

I can't for the life of me think why you'd think was unreasonable 😂 That said, I wear crop top-style maternity bras to bed - nice and snug and comfy. Got some from ASDA, some from H&M.

SaucyJack Wed 01-Nov-17 13:22:30

If wearing a bra in bed in wrong, then I sure as Hell don't want to be right.

Asda and Sainsbury's have been good recently for wireless bras recently, but you can get them pretty much anywhere these days.

OliviaTheFox Wed 01-Nov-17 13:22:53

Crop top style bras for me for bed too.
I used to go braless but a few years ago lived back at my parents and just just felt more comfortable in a soft bra thing in my pjs around my parents. Haven’t stopped since moving back out.

Vitalogy Wed 01-Nov-17 13:23:32

I buy these for in the house and to sleep, it was a revelation!

LoniceraJaponica Wed 01-Nov-17 13:23:43

Just do what makes you comfortable. As a 32B sad I will never need to do this.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 01-Nov-17 13:24:51

I wear my normal underwired bras to bed. At late 40’s and a 36J there’s no option really grin

PricillaQueenOfTheDesert Wed 01-Nov-17 13:27:04

Try a soft bra, try a crop top, find which feels most comfortable and just do it. I don’t wear a bra to bed, but I’d never judge someone if I found out they do. If it makes life for more comfortable for you that’s all that matters.

talkshowhost97 Wed 01-Nov-17 13:28:45

I started doing this if we had overnight guests or I was staying with other people/sharing hotel rooms with friends. Then, breastfeeding got me in the habit. Now I wear soft crop tops most of the time in bed. Mainly if I've changed into my pjs earlier in evening as with a similar bra size to you, in my late 30s I find it more comfortable.

chipscheeseandgravy Wed 01-Nov-17 14:00:27

I have done for a while but otherwise my knees get too warm grin
Maternity/crop top style bras are the best.

dinosaursandtea Wed 01-Nov-17 14:02:07

35 and 42F - I’m taking note!

formerbabe Wed 01-Nov-17 14:29:50

I sometimes wear a soft bra at night. I also bought a slip which has inbuilt support.

Ratonastick Wed 01-Nov-17 14:32:28

Bravissimo do pj tops and nighties with built in soft bras. Bloody fantastic things.

IllegalBlonde Wed 01-Nov-17 14:32:35

Sloggi bra tops - they are so comfortable and supportive. Bit pricier but well worth it as I've had one of mine for 13 years and it is still good!

SheepyFun Wed 01-Nov-17 14:36:58

Another one who finds it more comfortable - I'm a 34G following breastfeeding, and it's uncomfortable lying down without a bit of support!

LloydColeandtheCoconuts Wed 01-Nov-17 14:37:57

I’m wearing a maternity bra currently as I’m breastfeeding but it’s so comfy I might continue to wear it.

Acadia Wed 01-Nov-17 14:39:21

I've done this since I was a teenager. I absolutely hate the feeling of them being free - heavy, uncomfortable, painful. So when the regular bra comes off (I do not find them uncomfortable), I put a crop-top on - one of those 'bra top' things with removable pads, which I remove. I sleep in those.

Dippingmytoesin Wed 01-Nov-17 14:50:43

I have no boobs and wear a bra in bed.

No idea why you would BU

Welshmaenad Wed 01-Nov-17 15:17:47

Asda soft and comfy bras are great for this. I'm currently in one 24/7 as I'm post breast surgery. I otherwise also like vest style pyjama tops with hidden support.

Merida83 Wed 01-Nov-17 16:24:38

Possibly an odd suggestion but m&s maternity bra. Doesn't come in sizes like 34 d etc just small medium etc. I discovered them early in pregnancy and OMG not sure how I will ever go back to normal bras as they are SO comfortable. Soft stretchy and just lovely to wear. No longer pregnant but still wearing them!

Merida83 Wed 01-Nov-17 16:29:50

Sorry forgot link

TriJo Wed 01-Nov-17 16:32:53

Do what makes you comfortable! I'm pretty big up top and find the Bravissimo supportive nightwear great.

amusedbush Wed 01-Nov-17 16:35:34

34G here and after losing four stones my breasts have looked better! blush

I don't like being braless at all so those soft crop tops are a god send.

picklemepopcorn Wed 01-Nov-17 16:48:34

No one else here sharing the experience of rolling over and trapping your nipple under your elbow? No, just me? Ok...

LoniceraJaponica Wed 01-Nov-17 16:56:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now