Talk

Advanced search

Trick Or Treat in the Pub

(8 Posts)
SleepingStandingUp Wed 01-Nov-17 08:41:58

Having a few drinks with a friend last night and a mini hoard of kids came in with buckets, dresses in Halloween clothes, asking for "a penny for sweets"
Inner city bar so definitely not likely to be local residents and it was a cocktail bar so really not a family place.

Aibu to think its really inappropriate to take kids to a pace like that to beg for money or is OT the new thing??

LazyDailyMailJournos Wed 01-Nov-17 08:45:25

I think it's completely inappropriate. Round here the 'etiquette' is that you only go guising to the houses which are decorated or have pumpkins outside. Sending a load of children into a cocktail bar is just outright begging. Plus who on earth seriously sends kids into an area which is quite clearly unsuitable for them?

Louiselouie0890 Wed 01-Nov-17 08:49:07

Inappropriate totally

SleepingStandingUp Wed 01-Nov-17 09:01:16

It was fairly early - 6.30ish and quite empty but they clearly didn't come into town to try one pub and there were about 8 or 10 in total aged late primary, early secondary so I doubt they did it without any parental knowledge.
Have to say we were mean and told them no

FlouncyDoves Wed 01-Nov-17 09:01:28

What did you do?

Nikephorus Wed 01-Nov-17 09:23:37

Completely inappropriate.

SleepingStandingUp Wed 01-Nov-17 17:04:21

Well berating small children without an adult also seemed inappropriate, so we politely told them no. It was a fairly small pub and they were round and put before anyone could do much.
However friend said she knew places it was quite common, was just wondering then if it was just me that had never seen it

Cheeseontoastie Wed 01-Nov-17 18:34:15

Very odd. Obviously thought they would try their luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now