Talk

Advanced search

Any midwives about - help pls

(10 Posts)
manandbeast Wed 01-Nov-17 04:43:58

Hi
Posting for traffic sorry.
I'm 36 hrs post c section and at home. Had minimal vaginal bleeding but suddenly bleeding red and posing gloopy clots.
Am paranoid as have experienced this previously (not related to a CS but an infection and was really unwell).
Is this (bleedingvwuyh clots) normal or should I go back to post natal ward?
Thankyou

furryelephant Wed 01-Nov-17 04:47:01

I would 100% ring the ward. They can tell you whether they think it’s okay or to go in.
And congrats on your baby smile

Timefor2 Wed 01-Nov-17 04:48:34

I'm not a midwife but have had two C sections - I'd definitely call the postnatal ward for advice but if in doubt head in. Congratulations on your newborn!

manandbeast Wed 01-Nov-17 04:48:42

Thankyou!!

HopeAndJoy16 Wed 01-Nov-17 04:48:51

Phone the postnatal ward for advice. Are you breastfeeding? Have you been laid down and the clots came away when you stood up? The midwives may want you to keep some of the clots if they are particularly big just to check there's no retained products. But def ring for advice!

Timefor2 Wed 01-Nov-17 04:49:04

Cross-post with furryelephant!

manandbeast Wed 01-Nov-17 04:49:18

Thankyou Time.
Did you have clots post your sections?

manandbeast Wed 01-Nov-17 04:52:07

Yes I am breast feeding. I came home from hospital yesterday (24 hr enhanced recovery) so have been lying down a lot aside from car journey home.
Thankyou for responding.

Stopyourhavering Wed 01-Nov-17 05:05:27

I'd ring for advice....I remember passing a huge clot 2 days post delivery...not pleasant ....was breastfeeding and just stood up
Hope you get an answer

Newmanwannabe Wed 01-Nov-17 05:09:12

Put the clots in a plastic bag and take them if you get asked to go in. (or show your midwife if she's doing home visits still). You might need some antibiotics

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now