Talk

Advanced search

Bloody common cold!

(13 Posts)
BlueButTrue Tue 31-Oct-17 22:00:25

Argh, I know this isn’t the place to put the thread really but AIBU to be angst there isn’t a symptom masker for it now? It’s 2017!

I’m very heavily pregnant, thought I was in labour 48 hours ago but no.

I can’t physically breathe, nose is running like anything and yet I can’t even breathe out of my nostrils hmm Baby is huge and right under my ribs, my tummy feels like it’s about to pop it’s so tight. I feel crushed from the inside.

Came upstairs sobbing a few hours ago because I had to keep putting my fork down after a few mouthfuls of pasta - Arms are aching and I don’t have the energy to lift the fork to my face properly blush

I feel like I’ve done a 10K run or something, I feel so wiped out but can’t even sleep because I cannot breathe.

I can’t speak properly because my throat feels like I’ve swallowed a pack of razors, and that’s making breathing harder too.

I can’t do this anymore! Someone remove this ‘dearest’ child from me at once!

Why is there still no remedy to take away the symptoms of a cold?

I know getting rid of it completely by some form of tablet or whatever isn’t realistic but I thought you might be able to get something to make you feel normal again envy

Glumglowworm Tue 31-Oct-17 22:20:25

Yanbu

I thought I was miserable with a cold (caught from volunteering with other people's children!) but you win with being massively pregnant as well!

Hope you feel human again soon!

Iloveanimals Tue 31-Oct-17 22:21:52

Awww I'm so sorry sad
Get well soon flowers

BlueButTrue Tue 31-Oct-17 22:44:08

Thank you for these lovely replies flowers

I’m in the mood to jump off the top of my house when I can’t breathe properly... Pregnancy makes me incredibly dramatic at times.

Almost ripped my husband’s face off for licking his plate after dinner. Had to call him up for a hug 10 minuted later blush

iver Tue 31-Oct-17 22:51:30

i feel so sorry for you, i know what it’s like! i had a really bad cough for about 3 weeks leading up to giving birth then for another month after. tore all my stitches coughing and kept waking dd up 😭 i hope you get better before the baby makes an appearance flowers

Twopeapods Tue 31-Oct-17 22:55:19

Oh no! YANBU!
I really hope this is the worst part and tomorrow you will start to feel better.
I had D&V at 38 weeks and I thought I was dying. (I was being a drama queen too). You are entitled to be at this stage.
flowers

BlueButTrue Tue 31-Oct-17 23:06:40

iver Argh, that’s awful! Did you go through labour like it too?! It’s horrendous.

Twopeapods D&V is one of the worst things, out of everything, being sick is my worst fear. The diarrhoea is something I’ve never minded though but I don’t think I’ve actually ever had a sick bug at the same time as having the trots? blush always one or the other for me

BrioAmio Tue 31-Oct-17 23:12:35

Yes! 37 weeks pregnant and full of it, throat is full of knives and even the GP said all I can really do is suck a fucking sweetie, i feel crap as I’ve had too much sugar (lozenges and honey and lemon) to try and soothe it, coughing hurts throat, stomach muscles and I can’t breathe.

Husband told me to rest and go to sleep early but I can’t get to sleep my throat hurts so much.

My toddler is getting frustrated at not doing anything and the fact I can’t read stories at the moment as I have no voice.

I just want some decent sleep before the baby arrives!

BlueButTrue Tue 31-Oct-17 23:15:11

Brio Sorry to hear it flowers When’s your due date?

Think I’ve spoken to you on MN before, didn’t you last ask me what castor oil was actually for when I was going on a rampage about pregnancy women being refused things at pharmacies? grin

iver Tue 31-Oct-17 23:41:44

honestly i felt fine during labour (obviously apart from pushing out a baby hmm) but i didn’t cough once! i think there was too much going on in my body to think about coughing as well grin

Theresamayscough Wed 01-Nov-17 00:04:59

Hideous you poor thing flowers. Still st least it’s not a man cold! That’s far worse. wink

OutComeTheWolves Wed 01-Nov-17 04:33:33

Pregnancy colds are the worst. When I was pregnant with my first, I got a cold which then led to a sinus infection and it was easily the shittest I've ever felt.

Disclaimer- I've never had a genuinely serious illness.

If it's any consolation, I had a cold when I reached full term and was dreading going into labour full of cold, but I didn't seem to notice it. It was definitely the least of my worries in labour!

BlueButTrue Wed 01-Nov-17 06:42:39

Disclaimer- I've never had a genuinely serious illness

Oh don’t worry about that - I’ve had anything from a blood clot in my lungs to vomiting blood due to a burst ulcer.

I find the generic illness stuff much worse to be honest confusedgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now