Talk

Advanced search

Amazon wishlists - yay or nay?

(17 Posts)
ChristmasLists Tue 31-Oct-17 19:35:42

Large, complicated, blended family of which I am primary carer of all DC - would it be okay or would it be wanky to do an Amazon wishlist for each child to circulate to other parent/grandparents/aunts and uncles if they ask what DC want?

SilverSpot Tue 31-Oct-17 19:36:32

Totally yay from me. Much rather pick something of an actual list. And amazon gift wrap and deliver directly to your house....

LewisFan Tue 31-Oct-17 19:37:46

Definite yes

My mum and sister expect me to have one they can look at to either get things or inspiration

Laiste Tue 31-Oct-17 19:38:01

We've been doing this for a couple of years now. So yay from me.

Like a wedding list, be sure to put stuff of varying value on it. From a fiver or tenner upwards.

Lilmisskittykat Tue 31-Oct-17 19:40:06

Great idea -

CountFosco Tue 31-Oct-17 19:48:48

My entire family have wishlists. It's brilliant, stops duplicates and means we get things we want. Make sure the list is long enough to give people a choice and has things of different values. Keep up to date as well. I add things throughout the year to the kids list as I think of things (or the kids mention they'd like something).

TwoBlueFish Tue 31-Oct-17 19:51:59

Yay from me. I’ve done them for my kids for the last few years and my siblings do it for their kids, makes it much easier.

I do make sure that there are a good variety of things on the list at various prices.

Gorgeous73 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:52:15

Definitely yay

TeaMeBasil Tue 31-Oct-17 19:52:32

Yay all day long - makes life so much easier.

Books alone, I might have a good idea of what someone would enjoy but unless you live with them it’s hard to know what they’ve already read.

Go for it.

implantsandaDyson Tue 31-Oct-17 19:55:15

Yes it would be fine. I do a list for the kids for my bil to choose from- Amazon is his preferred choice - he lives a long way from us. I also have a book list for one of my kids that friends/relatives use for her birthday and Christmas - it suit both her and them.

sadiemm2 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:59:59

I think they are a great idea, especially when children would like certain lego kits or particular games . I know some people think they are grabby (don't see it that way myself) but Coming from a large family they really help me and other folks, I don't have a lot 9f time for trolling around the shopssmile

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 31-Oct-17 20:01:04

A definite yay. But also ask people if they buy something on the list but not from Amazon can they let you know so you can remove the item and it doesn't end up being duplicated.

BackforGood Tue 31-Oct-17 20:05:43

Definitely Yes.
Makes life so much easier, and also means everyone gets things they want and money isn't wasted.

muthasquigle Tue 31-Oct-17 20:32:41

Yes, yes and more yes. Saves all the family time, means child (and grown up) can get what they want and no replicated items.
My family have been doing it for years. You can also have an extension on your PC which means you can select items from other retailers and add them to the Amazon list, so not just restricts to the Amazon behemoth.
Do it!

Mugmugmugmug Tue 31-Oct-17 20:37:27

There are other wishlist websites you can use so you don't give Amazon the whole share of the Christmas pie!

TheTurnOfTheScrew Tue 31-Oct-17 20:41:07

we have them for the DC. they have aunties and uncles at the other end of the country whom they don't see often, and so who don't know which fad has passed and what they're into now.
I make sure the list is full of £5-15 items.

ChristmasLists Tue 31-Oct-17 21:02:00

My first unanimous IANBU grin

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now