Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Halloween ideas? Help?

(7 Posts)
Wanderlust1984 Tue 31-Oct-17 15:38:26

Last night I took my DD (7) to our local castle where they do an annual event and go all out. She got dressed up, we did a ghost tour of the castle where actors came and acted out scenes in each of the rooms, there was a fireshow, stalls, games etc. So I thought that was our celebration for Halloween to be honest... but then this morning she was all excited it was Halloween and asked what we were doing.. I was a bit lost for words really! She's not one to ask for alot and is a lovely polite kid so she never 'expects' anything, so I feel a bit bad now! I'm also leaving at 7pm-ish to work away for two nights so I feel terrible as she'll be staying with my parents. Anyone have any suggestions of something little I can do with her before I have to leave? Trick or treating doesn't really happen round here but I could get her dressed up and make a little fuss somehow before I go... but how?? Please help!!

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Tue 31-Oct-17 16:13:58

Spooky movie (Disney spooky not IT spooky thlgrin) with popcorn/snacks?

Ilovehamabeads Tue 31-Oct-17 16:17:09

Is t too late to carve a pumpkin?
Halloween treasure hunt in the garden? (I used to do this before my kids wanted to go trick or treating)

GiBlues Tue 31-Oct-17 16:18:40

Let her dress up in her costume again and answer the door to any trick or treaters who knock. Plus the film ( I recommend Hocus Pocus) and popcorn sounds good 👍🏻

GlitterGlue Tue 31-Oct-17 16:24:11

Apple bobbing, marshmallows on string game, carve a pumpkin (if you can get one). And answering the door to trick or treaters - and eating plenty of sweets herself.

GlitterGlue Tue 31-Oct-17 16:25:37

And a yucky dip, if you have time? Cooked spaghetti and jelly with treasure (bits of plastic tat or coins) mixed in.

Katedotness1963 Tue 31-Oct-17 16:51:05

"Scary" film. Dooking for apples. Doughnuts on a string, eat them with your hands behind your back. Pumpkin carving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now