Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think my kids are party poopers!

(14 Posts)
BackBoiler Tue 31-Oct-17 14:08:15

One wants to go trick or treating as Batman, one in a pink! pirate dress and the other has made a 'Bendy' mask (don't ask). None of them will let me go near them with the face paint!

Boo! Mardy kids!

Hillarious Tue 31-Oct-17 14:10:00

I with your kids on this. I hate Halloween.

Ausparent Tue 31-Oct-17 14:13:11

My kids have never agreed to face painting. I always thought it was sad until I went to a friend's house and saw the massive stain on the sofa from where one of her kids smeared a grease-painted face on it! Now i am quite grateful!

ILookedintheWater Tue 31-Oct-17 14:17:28

I had never heard of Bendy until one of our friends' DCs turned up as him at the weekend. I thought it was Corky (Auld Gimmer that I am). He had facepaint on underneath though so when he got too hot he could take him mask off!

BluthsFrozenBananas Tue 31-Oct-17 14:17:28

Well I don’t want to sound all gloaty...but as soon as DD gets home from school she’ll be straight into costume, hair and makeup. We’re going with a creepy broken doll theme this year.

ILookedintheWater Tue 31-Oct-17 14:18:50

Can you not paint a pink eyemask on the pirate?

ILookedintheWater Tue 31-Oct-17 14:19:06

eyepatch, not mask!

toffee1000 Tue 31-Oct-17 14:19:36

Jesus let them dress up how they want! Don't force them to wear make up if they don't want it.

ReallyBigTable Tue 31-Oct-17 14:20:10

We have a Bendy here too grin

BackBoiler Tue 31-Oct-17 14:46:19

Toffee I am only joking. I couldn't force them to do anything even if I tried my hardest.

You can tell who my kids are at school on dress up days....the ones in their normal school uniform.

toffee1000 Tue 31-Oct-17 14:47:19

Ooh ok.
At least they actually want to dress up somewhat, if they're usually in uniform on mufti days... see it as progress!

Fuckoffee Tue 31-Oct-17 15:27:19

Mine won't even dress up! And they detest fireworks. They are a real barrel of laughs at this time of the year!

BackBoiler Tue 31-Oct-17 15:29:00

Ahhh Fuckoffee how do you cope!

I am the twat sat here with a green face with a wart painted on the end of her nose at 3.30pm!

DaisysStew Tue 31-Oct-17 15:30:12

My little brother used to hate stuff like that. We have a great picture of him crying painted up like a tiger 🐯 😭... he's 21 now and hates that photo!

My ds has a skeleton costume but won't let me paint his face either - spoil sport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now